Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it all started last night while i was at work at food lion grocery store and a guy i had talked to about cars before came in to get a few things. i first met him when he was buying two model gto's from food lion and asked him if he was into muscle cars. about a month later he let me come to his shop that he managed to get my car looked at when i was havin problems with it, for free. i got to talkin to him last night and somehow we got to talkin about jobs i was interested in and he told me they needed an assitant mechanic and clean up guy at his place and asked if i would be interested. i told him i would be happy to do anything he needed done. he told me to come by today and he would see what he could do. so i went and met all the guys at the shop, he showed me the showroom and around the place and told me what i would be doing. i'm an assitant mechanic and parts runner. they will pay me for all the gas i use when im running errands for them and will fix my car for free if something needs repairing. at the end of the day i have to clean up the shop and make sure everything is in its right place. im really excited about this because of the experience ill get from it and how much ill learn about cars. the whole place is devoted to classic american muscle cars and they have a 35 car showroom. heres a website link to them its called RK Collection. RK Collection
i just thought i would share my good luck that has come to me all because i asked a guy if he was interested in muscle cars. I think american muscle cars...most particularly mustangs, are possibly the best thing ever invented.

·
Registered
111 Posts
thats pretty cool. is he gonna pay you for your work?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea 8 an hour startin out but when they expand later this year he said that we could talk about a good raise. im 17 so i wasnt expecting to get paid a whole lot. and the experience and the opportunity and what i could learn from being in this environment is worth more to me then the 8 an hour so im not worried about what i get paid really.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sweet.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
that's cool man... that's a great job for young guys like us. work hard man... and remember the names of all the people you meet coming in and out of that shop, cuz you never know when you'll get hooked up with something sweet :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im still trying to figure out how i got so lucky. im 17 i really have no business workin in a shop like that. haha. but im gonna try my best to give 110% everyday and i wanna start workin full time after graduation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very Very COOL! I just looked at the web site. WOW! Yeah, work hard and try to pick up any tips and connections you can. What a great job for a guy your age. It realy hasn't been all that long since I was 17 actualy, but there aren't any places around here like that. Gues there just isn't the market for such nice cars to justify that kind of shop. Good luck and show them how much you appreciat the job and have a good additude. You never know, it could lead to something.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts