Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a good deal on a complete engine/aod tranny, that he says is out of a 96 mustang, must be a 95. The lettering on intake is red. Has different lookin exhaust manifolds. Apparenly has 40,000 orig kms. Is this out of a mustang?

·
Registered
122 Posts
94-95 had a curve in the upper intake after the TB. That is a Fox intake, however all the foxes i have seen with a efi 302 had a tubeler header on them not a cast manifold. The red lettering is just what some painted im sure.

Looks like the exhaust is a y-pipe too. Take that intake cover off and see if it has HO cast in the intake and follow the plug wires to see if it is the HO firing order. Id bet it was from a crown vic no HO but someone swaped some parts around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda looks like rear sump oil pan as well. Hard to tell.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I thought most cars in 96 were already swapped to the 4.6? Other cars went to the 4.6 before the mustang.

I would guess this motor is 93 or older and not from a mustang for sure (manifolds). Maybe out of a truck.

·
Registered
609 Posts
my guess is a pre 94 truck or crown vic or something...the f150's had 4.6's beginning in 94 i believe...i think the cars did too.

did thunderbirds ever have a 5.0? my buddy had one with a 4.6..it was doodoo...

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
my guess is a pre 94 truck or crown vic or something...the f150's had 4.6's beginning in 94 i believe...i think the cars did too.
Nope. F150/Bronco had 5.0s through 96. Mod motors didn't start in that chassis until they changed the bodystyle with the '97s (technically 96.5s) and dropped the Bronco in favor of the Expedition. Lincolns got the 4.6 in 92 or 93; not sure when CVs got it, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts