1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
those arent too bad and its a good price too. throw those in a sealed box that has the closest airspace to what the subs want and you will be set

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Seems like a good deal. However that amp will not push thoese subs very good. Its a 350watt MAX amp so it will have less RMS Wattage. EACH sub can take 200watts RMS... so it would need an amp that puts out at LEAST 400watts RMS to one channel.

If you just want something to help the tunes sound better, go for it... just keep in mine the subs will be under powered.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i figured they would be underpowered, but still would have a nice "thump" to them I would imagine. I have one 10" MTX with a 300w kenwood in my DD focus and it sounds okay. i got an extra 10" mtx laying around, i just dont think it'd be loud enough if i bought another amp for my car.

i'm not too good with amps/sub matching.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
The best way to match Sub/Amp combos:

1. Determine if you want to run at 8ohm, 4ohm, or 2ohm load
  2. Pick the Subs you want, based on the ohm you want to run, and use Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams to see how to wire them for that ohm.
  3. Pick a Mono D Class amp that has an RMS Wattage that equals the SUM of the two subs. (Ex. Subs have 200watts RMS each, so the amp needs 400watts RMS to one channel) and be sure the wattage produced at whatever ohm setting you plan to use matchs the subs.

For example, I have running two Kicker CompVR w/ 4ohm Dual-Voice Coils 12" Subs on a 4ohm load. They can handle 400watts RMS each. My amp pumps 1000watts RMS to one channel, thus sending each sub half its power, 500watts RMS. (my setup is 100watts over RMS)

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks zatrekaz

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Seems like a good deal. However that amp will not push thoese subs very good. Its a 350watt MAX amp so it will have less RMS Wattage. EACH sub can take 200watts RMS... so it would need an amp that puts out at LEAST 400watts RMS to one channel.

If you just want something to help the tunes sound better, go for it... just keep in mine the subs will be under powered.
yeah they will be underpowered, they wont get loud but you will still fill in the low end.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:withhomo

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they're back up for sale for $149.99, asked for them for christmas. as much as i'd like to get a JL sub/amp combo, it's gonna be outta my or anyone elses price range for the time being.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts