Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Stig
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was planning on waiting until spring to buy another Mustang but I ran across this tonight.
1988 mustang gt
Looks extremely clean for an '88 and if I could talk him down to $4,000 I think it'd be a killer deal. I need to talk to him and see if anything has been done to it. The tweed looks to be in excellent shape. If I do get it I'd probably try to find a used TrickFlow top end kit, and depending on if it has exhaust done some MAC longtubes, h-pipe, and flows.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I don't like silver cars but that one looks damn fine

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I go steal it out from under you??? Hahahaha. Just remember that the odometer's roll over back to 0, so it could be 140 even though none of us in our right minds drive them in winter here. If it truly is a 40k mile car, I pretty much guarantee that you ain't gonna touch it for 4 grand either. Someone else will pay 5.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Cant go wrong with a white car and an unpainted shitty black hood!
That's also why I really like the black interior in your car, good contrast

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
You know someone's car I get a semi when I see it is Carver. Nice, clean, black w/chrome ponies and a cowl hood. BOOOOIIIIIIINNNNG

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I go steal it out from under you??? Hahahaha. Just remember that the odometer's roll over back to 0, so it could be 140 even though none of us in our right minds drive them in winter here. If it truly is a 40k mile car, I pretty much guarantee that you ain't gonna touch it for 4 grand either. Someone else will pay 5.
I agree, unless the guy is hard up he's not going to let it go for $4000. That's a nice looking car. You can tell by the interior(in tact ashtray door) that it is in good shape. If it's a 40,000 legit mile car I think 5 k is a deal. You can't even buy an ATV or 5 k these days. There is GT on Ebay right now, I think with 15-20000 miles that is up to $9,000 in bidding and it is early in the auction. Check it out if it's nice throw 5k at the guy. I don't think that one will last long.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Is the front Qpanel and the front bumper 2 different colors or is that just the cloud cover making it look like that?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The car doesnt even look silver to me. Isnt it a dark gray with light gray ground effects ?

My car is silver, with light gray ground effects.

Since were talking about colors we dont like, well atleast on mustangs. Ive never been a fan of that calypso green. But it seems like every one and there mother likes it but me:dunno

And dont even get me started on white hatchbacks........... with black hoods:p lol j/k

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
And dont even get me started on white hatchbacks........... with black hoods:p lol j/k
I saw one at the track one time and made fun of him till he went home. He was blabbering about his alleged 347 and got beat by a stock yaris

·
The Stig
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're probably right. Especially here in MN. I swear cars are more expensive here in the midwest than anywhere in the country. When I get home for winter break a week from now I'm going to check it out.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
btw you can tell how many miles USUALLY by looking at the odo if the number arent completly straight like offseting not all ways but usually

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
btw you can tell how many miles USUALLY by looking at the odo if the number arent completly straight like offseting not all ways but usually
Clutch and brake pedal pads are also a telltale.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts