·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump anyone know if their worth it?

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I don't think they are worth it... for stock you don't really need better rotors unless you plan on going to a circuit.

and not to offend... but you prolly won't be able to reach the limit of the stock brakes on a stock V6 :p

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
if its for looks, well, I can't really stop you, I've been looking @ rotorpros on ebay... don't really know anything about the R1's

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah me either. and i don't know if the stock size would really look that much better drilled and slotted
also would drilled and slotted make that much difference in stopping power with the stock calibers? they come with the new brake pads too
plus does anyone know if the pony packages had any different brakes i know i have a little bit different suspension than the base v6's but i don't know if the brakes are different :dunno

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I've read that they infact do improve the stoping power, not as much as switching to 14" Baer... but they are better than stockers, and the stock calipers are pretty good... don't know if the sixxer has the same as the GT, so don't quote me on this

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Probably better then stock, but don't really need it. Stock brakes are pretty decent, but pick them up if you are looking for looks.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i will eventually even though i prolly wont ever really need em, but its a decently cheap way to add some expensive looks to your car :dunno

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Well the guy has sold a ton and has excellent feedback, so I would assume you safe. I would go with the first set you showed because of price. I bet they are the exact same quality. And for the price from rotor pros, you could go buy some Powerslots.
On second thought, just buy these http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Mustang PowerSlot Rotors Application.htm

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have heard that the cross drilled slotted rotors and new pads really do make a difference, in fact my friend recently switched from drilled and slotted back to completely stock and the difference is quite noticeable. But in my case I'm just going to go with the 14" stoptech big brake kit, i know its over kill on the street but why not. Oh did I mention I'm rich..... not.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Just be careful if you upgrade your stoppers... once you get used to a car that has really great braking, ho-hum brakes are a serious and noticable let down. :(

I'm surprised Luis is saying these cars have good enough stopping power when his parents' bimmers are so much better at stopping. :p

If you upgrade, be sure to let us know your impressions!

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Just be careful if you upgrade your stoppers... once you get used to a car that has really great braking, ho-hum brakes are a serious and noticable let down. :(

I'm surprised Luis is saying these cars have good enough stopping power when his parents' bimmers are so much better at stopping. :p

If you upgrade, be sure to let us know your impressions!

My mom's beemer ABS system is over-sensitive... that thing will turn on many times with some moderate/hard braking... it brakes a little better, but I'm acustomed to my stang... heck, I've locked up my wheels braking for a few seconds, I realease it before the ABS kicks in :lol

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I bought mine from the same seller.... Great deal as far as I can tell... the zinc coating doesn't rust and they look awesome.....Don't you think?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I had to do the work at my shop and there is no way to keep the tires clean.... no comments please... My cheap azz boss needs to redo the lot... and give me a raise... A man can dream can't he?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
R1 concept.... yup.... stock size,whatever that is

1 - 20 of 32 Posts