Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's almost worth taking it to a reputable body shop est. dealing with the strut towers...if a hacker goes cutting and heating on those and gets your alignment or suspension geometry messed up then what are you gonna do? buy tires all the time? let a pro do it and get a warrenty on the work I've done this type of work for about 10 years now and I'm just trying to help man.......Just listen to your friends they can do it all and have never done it at all

·
Registered
417 Posts
any exposed metal will rust without being treated and primed even if you grind the metal to weld it up and touch it with your bare hands the oil in your hands will cause it to start rusting as soon as overnight.... the spots that will be welded are also a key area it will also rust easily if not treated properly.... there are certain ways to flange and overlap the pans and weld it up then grind it smooth then minimal amounts of body filler will smooth it over much cleaner than "but welding " or over laping or even patching it ...I reccomend to replace it rather than repair it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.