Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all, if I get some good LCA's, will I be fine if I delete the rear quad shocks? Ive also heard that removing the quads gives a bit better ride. Ill be doing new shocks/struts soon with lowering springs as well.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
j&m, Team Z, MM

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
96GT.... welcome to MM's :yes

What are the ULTIMATE goals for your ride?

Without knowing this, difficult to make a proper recommendation as to which LCA's to purchase.

Jazzer :)

PS. Take THAT, Nova :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
personally I removed mine shortly after I installed my control arms, it was a stiff ride with them but and didn't allow much movement in the rear in a bad way, too much bind i through turns, spin when launching, and a bit of crashing over bumps, much more comfortable and allows more control without them. This issue opens up a whole pissing match from what I've seen in the past with mustang guys. But you'll just have to experiment and see what works for you really, I'd try running with them and without, it's easy to drop them if you decide to

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replys, Jazzer, this is my daily driver which will see occasional strip use eventually and the occasional street fun. I was thinking either MM, Lakewood, or Hotchkis. Im also going to be putting new shocks, struts, and springs on. This is kind of a summer project I guess you could say as well as my daily driver..

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't really think you can go wrong with anything from Maximum Motorsports.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Thanks for all the replys, Jazzer, this is my daily driver which will see occasional strip use eventually and the occasional street fun. I was thinking either MM, Lakewood, or Hotchkis. Im also going to be putting new shocks, struts, and springs on. This is kind of a summer project I guess you could say as well as my daily driver..
As always, I recommend an LCA with at least 1 spherical end to reduce a bit of suspension bind on your 4-link. The brand, will depend on how hard you push them, in terms of grip off the line. For your described needs, the MM Heavy Duty ones will be just fine :yes

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jazzer, I believe those will be enough. I may have to upgrade later as i will be pushing around 400 rwhp in the next year. But until those break or mess up Ill push em to the limit!

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you can find some Mega Bite Jrs. grab those. you will have to search threw classifieds on various sites since they don't make them anymore. i found a set and installed them and they are AMAZING. my car hooks so much harder.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Thanks Jazzer, I believe those will be enough. I may have to upgrade later as i will be pushing around 400 rwhp in the next year. But until those break or mess up Ill push em to the limit!
Your welcome, but why would you even consider having to buy new LCA's a second time?

Purchase ONE pair and save the expense of a broken set later and/or other damage that may result. Remember, it is GRIP that breaks parts, not HP/T :no If you plan on running some serious sticky's like M/T's, or the like, just go TeamZ, Baseline or the like to avoid a broken set. Not saying that MM or other ones WILL break, but if you are gonna up your grip for the strip, replace your LCA's in only one trip.... you feelin' me?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Your welcome, but why would you even consider having to buy new LCA's a second time?

Purchase ONE pair and save the expense of a broken set later and/or other damage that may result. Remember, it is GRIP that breaks parts, not HP/T :no If you plan on running some serious sticky's like M/T's, or the like, just go TeamZ, Baseline or the like to avoid a broken set. Not saying that MM or other ones WILL break, but if you are gonna up your grip for the strip, replace your LCA's in only one trip.... you feelin' me?

+1 Mods are expensive enough as it is, there is no need to buy the same mod twice. Get what you REALLY need/want the first time and be done with it.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts

Not to be a pain Jazzer, but I'm having a hard time sorting through all the different options for lower control arms. I'm not sure what to look for as far as ends. I can't tell what is solid, spherical, heim joint, etc.

Can you post up the LCA you'd use from TeamZ and Baseline if you were running 450 rwhp on slicks?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all you guys for the insight, I'm just gonna go with mm lower and uppers and be done. Since my car is gonna be about 300 n/a and off the line then 400 on spray (Hopefully) I should be perfectly fine. Thanks again!

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Not to be a pain Jazzer, but I'm having a hard time sorting through all the different options for lower control arms. I'm not sure what to look for as far as ends. I can't tell what is solid, spherical, heim joint, etc.

Can you post up the LCA you'd use from TeamZ and Baseline if you were running 450 rwhp on slicks?
I will PM you a link :yes

Thanks to all you guys for the insight, I'm just gonna go with mm lower and uppers and be done. Since my car is gonna be about 300 n/a and off the line then 400 on spray (Hopefully) I should be perfectly fine. Thanks again!
MM doesn't make uppers :(

Stick OEM for a DD with twisties and/or moderate 1/4 mile use on street tires.
Go aftermarket ones with MANDATORY spherical end for DD with moderate twisties and 1/4 mile use
Go PHB/TA for DD for those with an eye to real driving that is hardcore twisty dog and OK 1/4 mile performance.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Can Not go wrong with the prolaunch kit from baseline, and a LCA from MM... The LCA baseline makes, uses and aluminum bushing which will be destoryed on the the street.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Can Not go wrong with the prolaunch kit from baseline, and a LCA from MM... The LCA baseline makes, uses and aluminum bushing which will be destoryed on the the street.

Why would an aluminum bushing be OK on the strip, but not the street? Not a challenge to you, just would think the 1/4 to be much harder on the bushings than DD :wtf

Jazzer..... confused kitty :)

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Pot holes, different suspension stresses because of turning. Going down the road unloaded ( off the throttle). When on the throttle, there is a constant stress on the bushings, the force may not be constant though, where on the street there isn't, and braking and hitting a pot hole would mess it all up.

Thanks my educated guess. I know Kevin recommended not using his LCA because I street drive mine.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Pot holes, different suspension stresses because of turning. Going down the road unloaded ( off the throttle). When on the throttle, there is a constant stress on the bushings, the force may not be constant though, where on the street there isn't, and braking and hitting a pot hole would mess it all up.

Thanks my educated guess. I know Kevin recommended not using his LCA because I street drive mine.
correct. similar to the forces that would prevent one from running an anti-roll bar anywhere besides the strip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts