Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would i go about cleaning up the engine bay and hiiding as many wires as possible what can i get rid of? post pictures too i wanna see some bays!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I'm working on this as well. I still need to get a recent pic, I will definitely get one tomorrow when my chrome battery hold down gets here for my optima. Ill go ahead and post one of how it is now..

Since this picture I have fixed the inlet pipe and repainted it, I have added a few more chrome covers, got canton coolant tank, power steering resevoir, moroso fuse box cover, and brake cover. I have also purchased oem paint and purchased stock replacement valve covers and am going to be painting them sb as well as a few other odds and in in the engine bay.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
its a 4v but i dont figure it looks too bad.

just a few minor things done, biggest and most noticeable is an EGR delete, the valve covers/upper intake, coolant and P/S tanks and i tried to keep all the wires down in the valley between the valve covers and lower intake manifold. not much you can do to get rid of thing, hiding what is there is the easiest thing to do.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the way that 4v looks, cant wait to see the blue gt engine bay.
i just hate the ugly wires all over the place

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
yea you will need to do an egr delete to take care of that... I would but idk if I really want to hassle with it

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Froush has some pretty badass valve covers. i think they were hydro-dipped. thats an easy thing to work with on the 2v, do something with them and it changes the look a good bit! also, the alternator...i got mine to a nearly 'polished' finish. if i were you, i would stay away from wierd/bright colored loom. that draws the eye to the mess. try to 'black out' everything you want to disappear. thats my best advice!

EDIT: i see you said about 'putting the motor back together'...
if you have it apart that far BE SURE to do something with the timing cover. that is a big thing you see right away when the hood is open.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts

Painted valve covers, powdercoated timing cover and blower.

And this will be getting finished up and painted this weekend-

There's not many wires you can tuck unfortunately. EGR delete cleans up a whole bunch. You can probably try bundling some of the wires on the engine.

A battery relocation, and aftermarket coolant reservoir and PS reservoir would go a long way to cleaning up the engine bay.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm going to be working on cleaning up the wiring in my bay still. But I've removed quite a bit and cleaned it up a little already. Everything is still there except the EGR.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
sub'd to see some clean engine bays.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Froush your engine bay is clean

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
just used some simple green to wipe down all the dirt and grease and then sprayed some engine detailer and let it sit per instructions. its alright, didn't try to get every nook and cranny lol

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Froush your engine bay is clean
Thanks!! Not the cleanest or best looking but i will take a compliment any time. It will be cleaned up a lot more here shortly. Wanna cover some stuff up and get rid of other stuff.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doing something with the timing cover?... Like painting ? What colors do you guys like?
I think I'm gonna paint mine red to match the black and red theme of my car

·
Underground
218 Posts
black looks best on timing covers, on DOHC's at least IMO. Im blacking mine out and just painting the valve covers ford racing blue to make them pop. Doing a wire tuck and battery relocation. I've been busy prepping the bike for paint recently but I'll bring back my wire tuck thread once I get that done and start on the car. I've got all off season to get it done, not rushing it.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Im painting mine a bright metallic silver to make the engine "pop out" in the enigne bay. Since my bay is black it will emphasize the engine rather than stupid stuff like the battery and brake booster. Plus, being a lighter color, if something decides to leak ill be able to track it to the source easily. Thats my train of thought anyways

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
black looks best on timing covers, on DOHC's at least IMO. Im blacking mine out and just painting the valve covers ford racing blue to make them pop. Doing a wire tuck and battery relocation. I've been busy prepping the bike for paint recently but I'll bring back my wire tuck thread once I get that done and start on the car. I've got all off season to get it done, not rushing it.
The problem with black is that it makes oil leaks really hard to see. If mine wasn't black when I bought it I probably would have shot the engine Ford blue or something.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts