Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it wasn't broken in the classic sense... there were two floating wrist pins that were sticking from the tweaking of the vapor lock... they are going to replace the bearings and rework the cylinders and put new rings in.. I guess it is turning out to be a costly refresh... I feel better about getting rid of the methanol. The clutch and transmission were about to shell any ways so its all good...should have her back by Halloween!!!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
What are you planning on upping the boost to? if you are planning on going up on it.

I am wondering since we have my car on dyno with 21 psi. pulley on it for the street tune. I should know what the numbers are by Saturday. It should be interesting to see if we can keep some timing in it for the street since it still won't have a race tune in it.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My nephew's shop is doing all the work on it and it will be tuned right when it is done... I Have the 7.5 balancer and the 2.75 blower pulley. on a stock spec 3v it should make 26 but I flow too much to make that so we are thinking 18-22

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My nephew's shop is doing all the work on it and it will be tuned right when it is done... I Have the 7.5 balancer and the 2.75 blower pulley. on a stock spec 3v it should make 26 but I flow too much to make that so we are thinking 18-22
hmmmm....I am running the 2.75" upper and 6.5" lower and making 21 psi.

I have 302 stroker, Livernois St. 3 heads, BBR St. 2 cams, Dynetech 1 3/4" longtubes, and custom 3" x-pipe w/o cats dumped in front of axle.

You may be closer to 24-25 psi. Which 2.6 do you have "S" or "H"?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the clutch slipped real bad at the line when I hammered it.. it hit the limiter and cut the fuel but the meth kept on pumping... then when I let off and hooked it there was too much meth in the mix and the head gasket blew out under the pressure, it also for a split second stopped the piston which tweaked the wrist pin bushing... easy fix I feel better that my motor didn't fail just that freaking methanol.. lesson learned there..never again

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2.6l

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2.6 L

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
besides 4cu in what is the difference between a 298 and a 302?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The 298 has standard bore and 302 has .020" over bore.

Bore. Stroker
3.552" x 3.75" = 298
3.572" x 3.75" = 302

I am shooting for 650 through the 4R70W and 9".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts