Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my machanic (i dunno how to spell it lol) last night, n he said that its not my head gasket that was leaking, its sumthing else in the front of the engine, i forget what he called it, but its alot cheaper to fix, like around $300. So thats good news for me!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey Man Congrats!! That's great!:D:cool: If you could find out what the problem is that would be cool. I just want to know. BTW...the proper spelling is mechanic.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
your water pump gasket?
your timing cover gasket?

your ass hole?? thats what happens when you eat low fat baked chips... just saying

good news though dude

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yeah man..it kinda puts things in perspective though. If you had just gone to your mechanic and he told you that you needed a new timing cover gasket you'd be like...**** that really sucks. But If he tells you you need a new head gasket, and then says oh wait never mind you just need a new timing cover gasket then you're like...Sweet awesome!:D

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
your water pump gasket?
your timing cover gasket?

your ass hole?? thats what happens when you eat low fat baked chips... just saying

good news though dude

those things rock. the leakage... not so much

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
the timing cover gasket..still is a while in labor.
and i dont see how the timing cover went on a car infamous for blown head gaskets before

but idk ive not seen the car

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He had told me a timing gasket i just had thought he said head gasket, cause i ask him last night i was like what u think it would cost me to replace my heads, n he was like what iu need new heads, n i was like yea i thought thats what u had said i needed n he like no it was ur timing gasket. I was like o ok sweet!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yeah man..it kinda puts things in perspective though. If you had just gone to your mechanic and he told you that you needed a new timing cover gasket you'd be like...**** that really sucks. But If he tells you you need a new head gasket, and then says oh wait never mind you just need a new timing cover gasket then you're like...Sweet awesome!:D
He had told me a timing gasket i just had thought he said head gasket, cause i ask him last night i was like what u think it would cost me to replace my heads, n he was like what iu need new heads, n i was like yea i thought thats what u had said i needed n he like no it was ur timing gasket. I was like o ok sweet!
I was pretty close:D

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you can do the timing gasket on your own with a little patience... got mine 95% of the way done then got stuck one a bolt that was hidden... kinda sucked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts