Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
lol yea man looks really good i dont think your gonna need that on our cars unless your doin serious work

·
Registered
991 Posts
lol yea it will but the stock internals will too unless he is pushin alot of boost or something

·
Registered
991 Posts
unless he is pushin like 10 lbs of boost his engine may b able to handle it they arent that necessary considering he doesnt even have a s/c

·
Registered
991 Posts
yea but look what is done too it so far...... he isnt pushin much more power than stock lol mayb 30 more i say he spends that 1k on some pi cams gears tuner etc

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Maybe its high mileage. Mines fairly stock but ive got PI h/c/i in my garage and its not going on till i get a new shortblock. Ive got 190k and am gonna get a fresh shortblock and then build. Maybe hes doing the same thing. But still, he just asked if it was a kit.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
FYI, a stock block can handle more then10psi of boost.

anything over 425 rwhp, and ur block is on borrowed time

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
you fyi wasnt nessesary lol but thankyou for sharing...and lethal2v is right...he just asked if it was good ma man...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
FYI, a stock block can handle more then10psi of boost.

anything over 425 rwhp, and ur block is on borrowed time
That's good to know. I thought that if it had forged internals it would be able to withstand a lot of power. Didn't think the block would make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
962 Posts
That's good to know. I thought that if it had forged internals it would be able to withstand a lot of power. Didn't think the block would make that much of a difference.
what he says isnt ENTIRELY true,425rwhp does nothing as far as limitations and neither is xxlbs of boost( boost is just restriction).

its cylinder pressure that is the downfall, not hp, the rods are only made to support so much pressure, whenever you go over that pressure, u run the risk of screwing things up.

common misconception, but there are guys who have pushed stock internals to 600+rwhp.

·
Registered
991 Posts
so like is that the same as compression ratio?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The stock block can handle a lot. It's the internals that fail. With what nes was saying with compression, boost is compressed air so it will cause the final compression ratio of the engine to raise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts