Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
it depends on many variables. with slicks on my fox i was launching at about 5,000 rpm

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The highest RPM you can without spinning your tires. ;)
You won't know what RPM that is until you are there on the track on that surface and doing it. Really. There are too many variables. I would start at about 2000-2500 and go from there. Anyone that gives you a specific RPM that might work for them does not mean it will work for your combination and track conditions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The highest RPM you can without spinning your tires. ;)
You won't know what RPM that is until you are there on the track on that surface and doing it. Really. There are too many variables. I would start at about 2000-2500 and go from there. Anyone that gives you a specific RPM that might work for them does not mean it will work for your combination and track conditions.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I had the all season TA KDW tires almost bald 225 wide on the rear of my 89 last year.

I would do a 5 second burnout to get them really hot and then launch at 2500 rpms at half throttle. Once the clutch catches up I would ease into the throttle until it was floored.

I got a best 60 foot time of 1.82 on 225 all season radials...lol

Swapped on my buddies ET streets 26 x 10.5 and launched at 5000 rpms and pulled a 1.6 60 foot with wheel spin.

On the street will be completely different, unless you prep the road.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah i havent been able to get a good 60 ft time yet because my clutch is bad and my limited slip is bad and i have stock gears......i would like to get a 1.9ish with a new clutch and rebuilt t lock

·
Registered
288 Posts
You launched at 5K with ET Streets and didnt break anything!?!? What do u have done to have it hold together because im pretty sure if I launched at that with my ET drags than my driveshaft would be comin throught the floor boards to say hello

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
You launched at 5K with ET Streets and didnt break anything!?!? What do u have done to have it hold together because im pretty sure if I launched at that with my ET drags than my driveshaft would be comin throught the floor boards to say hello

BBK upper and lowers, springs, aluminum driveshaft and 3.55 ford gears, subframe connectors, welded torque boxes, KYB shocks with quad shocks still on there and a fully crapped out diff as you can see by the one wheel burnout action (this has been fixed see writeup).

My 88 leaving at 6000 with 26 x 11.5 ET streets, no wheel spin. Stock Z-T5, 3.73 gears, diff girdle, edelbrock uppers, SSM lowers, aluminum driveshaft, yukon 28 spline axles, torque box battle boxes, sub frame connectors, 8 point mild steel Comp eng. cage., 4 disk trac-lok.

Haven't had anything break at the track so far, knock on wood.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I launch at 1500 and feather the clutch and go from there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts