Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i have heard good things about blue oval, and as long as it is legit frpp parts then yes its good

·
Registered
360 Posts
yep, get the camber plates, better off

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know of any other kits for around $500?

Also wondering if a 1" drop is enough to get rid of the 4 x 4 look...and really floating body...i swear these cars drive like boats.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
lol..i would buy the pieces one by one and get better pieces, and go for more than a 1" drop...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm...i started looking at pictures of cars with a 1.75" drop...looks really sharp but think that might be too much of a drop for my car...way too many potholes and railroad tracks for my dd.

Will that bullit setup get rid of some of the body roll?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did some more research, and decided to purchase the bullit setup. I'm not looking for a really low drop...just something to make the car drive like a car and not a boat. Also purchased some polyeurathane inserts to firm it up a bit more.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Dunno is its just the pics, but the front sway bar looks tiny too

·
Registered
360 Posts
a 1.50 drop also looks good

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
eBay Motors: 94-04 Mustang GT Complete Lowering Springs Shocks Kit (item 260215407956 end time Mar-04-08 11:44:09 PST)

Is this a good kit to buy? Its about $520 shipped to my door. Only thing i dont see in the kit is the CC plates...but are those a neccesity since its only a 1" drop?
i bought that kit when i first got my car. it's the stock setup on the 01 Bullitt. you won't need CC plates because the drop is minimal. however, you will notice a difference in how the car handles. i got mine from Summit for abut $400, but i don't think they carry it anymore. i've done business with Blue Oval before and i was very pleased. the only thing i've che=anged on my suspension since buying that kit was swapping springs for a set of Eibach Pro's, and since i went to a bigger drop, i added Maximum Motorsports CC plates and a Steeda Bumpsteer kit. you won't need that stuff with the springs in this kit, as your drop will only be about 3/4". just make sure you get an alignment, and you'll be fine...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bought that kit when i first got my car. it's the stock setup on the 01 Bullitt. you won't need CC plates because the drop is minimal. however, you will notice a difference in how the car handles. i got mine from Summit for abut $400, but i don't think they carry it anymore. i've done business with Blue Oval before and i was very pleased. the only thing i've che=anged on my suspension since buying that kit was swapping springs for a set of Eibach Pro's, and since i went to a bigger drop, i added Maximum Motorsports CC plates and a Steeda Bumpsteer kit. you won't need that stuff with the springs in this kit, as your drop will only be about 3/4". just make sure you get an alignment, and you'll be fine...
Cool, thanks for the info. I might someday down the road get some more aggresive springs, but i think this setup will make me happy for now.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I might someday down the road get some more aggresive springs, but i think this setup will make me happy for now.
it will make a noticeable difference in the car's handling. the previous owner of the car is a close friend of mine and i took him for a ride a few months after i had this set up put on, and he couldn't believe the difference it made in the handling...
and for that price, you can't go wrong...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
a 1" drop is still going to sit a little high.

i would get a set of H&R race springs, and maximum motorsport CC plates. your right at $450 and is alot better components.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts

i would get a set of H&R race springs, and maximum motorsport CC plates. your right at $450 and is alot better components.
yeah, that's why i ended up putting in a set of Eibachs with MM CC plates and Steeda bumpsteer kit. but for the same price as what you put up, the Bullitt kit also provides new sway bars and dampers. agreed, the stuff you put up is a lot better, but if you're on a budget, it's not a bad way to go. the handling will be much better than stock...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Yeah i know the 1" is still gonna sit kinda high...i will eventually get the H&R springs and cc plates...main reason im buying this kit is because it includes shocks and struts, and its in my price range for now.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
anyone know of any other kits for around $500?

Also wondering if a 1" drop is enough to get rid of the 4 x 4 look...and really floating body...i swear these cars drive like boats.
Im sure it will look better than stock. But if i was you id wouldnt do it. The smallest drop i would do it a 1.5. i think anything smaller then 1.5 doesnt really do anything for looks. This is just my opinion though, its really up to you.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i'm thinking about buying these isolaters to go along with the rest of the suspension, what do you all think?

Polyurethane Spring Isolators - Rear Set - StangSuspension.com
Polyurethane Spring Isolators - Front Set - StangSuspension.com
i went with a set of Mac isolators, but only because they were convenient; i picked them up at the parts shop at my local Ford dealer. you should be good to go with any poly stuff...

Yeah i know the 1" is still gonna sit kinda high...i will eventually get the H&R springs and cc plates...main reason im buying this kit is because it includes shocks and struts, and its in my price range for now.
same reason i got it when i did...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ordered the spring isolators from stangsuspension...they give a 5% military discount

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
ordered the spring isolators from stangsuspension...they give a 5% military discount
yeah, i ordered from them in the past. i was very pleased with their service as well...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts