Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that we can blog here, I'll use this as a place to post interesting stories from my life on the road, and also to share some pictures.

Now, as soon as I can remember a good story, I'll post it up! lol....getting old has it's disadvantages. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
well hay i'll start one for ya, I caught a rock from a semi and had to replace my windshield.... But lesson learned .... DONT follow that close! hope this helps you think of some good stuff.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol that sucks man. I've caught them myself, both in the company truck, and back when I owned my own truck. I caught a rock from a gravel hauler in my Freightliner back in about 93, I **** you not, about 15 minutes after I had left the glass shop having it replaced. 400 bucks right out the window.

So to speak. lol

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
My ex husband and I used to travel to the North Woods of WI, UP, etc often when we used to snowmobile together. We always had a CB - never travel without one - a whole network of nice people if you get into trouble. On one of our trips proved pretty entertaining just listening to the CB - The truckers were talking about the couple in the small sports car going at it hot and heavy - eventually we passed this car - the windows were so fogged up the condensation was literally streaming down the windows - I'm pretty sure the truckers saved their lives since they were boxed around them insulating them from traffic! Good stuff!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a few cool things I see over the road.

The big basket office building in Newark, OH. The Longaberger Company. Guess what they make? lol

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the rest area on I-65 at the AL/TN state line. An old rocket ship (we supply the fuel for NASA that's my truck in the foreground), and some war monuments.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Always used to love stopping at the big rocket on our way to Bama when I was a kid. Have family in B'ham so when I saw that - knew we were close!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Used to go there more often back in my freight hauling days, weems. Now we only get down there once in a blue moon.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Im disapointed there zip... I would have to say I expected some pictures of big baskets considering the title. Oh, wait there is a big basket pictured. I retract my previous statement...

·
Pig Romancer
1,134 Posts
I decided to post in a really old blog just to say that I live about 45 minutes from the big rocket, haha.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Just as a late summer bump type of post, Zip, I wants to be hearin' more about this here shtuff.

Dewit ;)

P.S. I loved my ~ 3 years on the road. Great seeing the west coast (and parts of Canada). Would love to do the same on the eastern seaboard one day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts