Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These questions are in regaurds of 2v2fears build, but he's not on much so figured i'd post for him. but anyways, what's the best way to convert to a return style fuel system capable of atleast 600whp? The only thing we know for sure we're getting is the edelbrock fuel rails, and 80lb injectors. he's getting tax money back soon and is planning on buying the fuel system with that.

the question is, would this lethal performance kit be all that's needed?

Lethal Performance 99-04 2V Budget Return Style Fuel System [LP-9904BUDGETRETURN-2V] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
check out glenns performance.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looked their and all their fuel systems come with tanks are terribly expensive it seems.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a sumped tank is a good Idea...what u looking to spend?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
around 1200 if possible. but can spend a little more if necessary.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i'd go with the Glenns 600hp kit then

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'd go with the Glenns 600hp kit then
comparing that to the 1000hp kit, it looks like the only difference is a second inline fuel pump. and since I know the 600hp kit wont be enough for more than one season, would just adding in the second pump later on make it good enough to handle 8-900hp if needed?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
they can be upgraded easily...that or a big single pump

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it doesn't seem like one 300lph inline pump would be able to supply enough fuel for 600hp. But i'm guessing that's 600 engine horsepower, not at the wheels. so that'd have to be upgraded right away then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the glenn's triple Walbro setup on my cobra and love it... It's super quiet too.. My car has been bottom 9's with it. You could buy the y blocks from glenn's and build the pump setup yourself. Aeromotive makes sumped tanks for mustangs. That's what's in mine.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are there any kits out there that dont include a tank, but that are set up for a sumped setup? It wouldn't be hard at all for us to weld our own sump on the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts