Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I figured during my break from work I'd pick up my car from the shop it was getting 4:10's installed. So I get to the shop and I see my car parked outside I got all excited it was in the shop for 3 whole days!!! (estimated time the shop told me it would take 6 hours) When I walked in the shop I was pretty mad becaue I had to wait 3 days. but I was calm because i was getting my car. Then the guys like I cant find your keys. I was like come on stop playing!!! After 2 hours of looking for the damn keys they came up to me and asked if i had a spare!! I was like WTF!!!!!! they were like if we cant find by friday we'll call you to see what happens aint that a bitch!!! :mad:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well you tell them to call Ford and get some new keys made or call the Better Business Breau ( I think that's how you spell it!!!!) on them. Or have them give you a big discount on your gears!!!!!!! I paid 486.00 Total for my 4.10's.
Did you get Ford Racing gears? Sore about your car, that really sucks. I like the color alot, Mine used to look like that but i switched back to the other type of wheels.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
the stealership can make you one off the VIN.. and reduce the amount you pay by that cost...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is this a Ford dealer or a privately owned shop? A dealer could get you a new key easily.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I wouldn't take the car until the key appeared... I'm a bit paranoid, but thats one scheme they can use to later steal cars and sell 'em for parts....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Dude ID BE PISSED!!! Get a discount AND make em pay for keys... it Aint your fault it took them 3 days, and then LOST your keys...

·
Registered
462 Posts
+1....3 days to change gears????? I'm with Redfire on this one,Man how did you hold yourself back from "Kicking his ASS":eek: also Luis had a good quote...could be a scam,When you get your car back....Keep a close eye on it!!!!!!:eek:
Have em pay for the new key and demand a discount on the install.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You are going to have to firm with these people. You will not get what you don't ask for as compensation. Everyone is right you have to demand a hefty discount and that they find the key. I would be a little paranoid about this too. Even if they don't know where it is now it will turn up. I wouldn't be happy about them keeping you in the dark about it all this time either. Just make sure you choose your words carefully. (no looking crazy) You want to remain the person with potential legal control.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
couldnt they have just made a copy of the key if they wanted to steel it later?

That is ridiculous id be pissed. And they didnt offer to get you another key?

I have decided that in the future, if i cant do it myself my car doesnt need it. I dont like takeing my car to the shop. Plus I suffer from seperation anxiety when its gone.

****... that's better than me... when mine's on the shop getting fixed, I end up not wanting my car back, cause I get to drive a better handling car in the meantime... :sorry

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
couldnt they have just made a copy of the key if they wanted to steel it later?
That's true but some sneaky people don't really want to steal a car. You'll get caught. It is whatever is in the car that they could take and there would be no signs of the car ever being broken into. Just hit the unlock button take the stuff and they're gone.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
They could have made a copy which would get them inside the car, but they couldn't start it because of PATS.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
i would want the ignition replaced if the key cant be found...

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
... sounds like some kid that works at the shop is going to try and steal your car, you need new locks, and you need the PATS ( if yall got them) reset, and demand that the shop do it or you will press charges

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
I wouldn't take the car until the key appeared... I'm a bit paranoid, but thats one scheme they can use to later steal cars and sell 'em for parts....
didnt that happen to someone on this board? i remember hearing a story about a guy who took his car into a shop, and when he came back to pick it up they couldnt find his key. and sure enough his car was stolen like a week later

be VERY carefull.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
didnt that happen to someone on this board? i remember hearing a story about a guy who took his car into a shop, and when he came back to pick it up they couldnt find his key. and sure enough his car was stolen like a week later

be VERY carefull.

yep... that's why I'm a bit paranoid now...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts