Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got mine on. The mint one I originally bought is for sale here if anyone is interested as well as my GT bumper.

This one popped up locally and it was already painted so I figured why not just throw it on there for now since my whole car could really use a repaint.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Looks great!

·
Cletus Emmett Wheelwelker
2,575 Posts
Nice. I put one on my car last fall. Really gives the front a more aggressive look.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The reason I chose this one for my car is because they look close to the factory bumper, with a little bit of aggression.
The only thing like better about the termi bumpers is that you can see the intercooler clearly through it.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
The reason I chose this one for my car is because they look close to the factory bumper, with a little bit of aggression.
The only thing like better about the termi bumpers is that you can see the intercooler clearly through it.
For an N/A car, the 99-01 bumper is aggressive, but not open enough to see the lack of intercooler, lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So your selling the GT original one? Is it bashed? Is it red? I have a 04 anniversary and need a nice black one how much do you want for either shipping to CT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Oh yeah and that does look sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Another slow GT
661 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Good looking car OP. Haven't seen a 99/01 Cobra front bumper show up... well, ever. One day I'll find one, but I won't hold my breath. Has anybody here ever considered one of the aftermarket options? Here's an example I've been eyeing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-01-mustang-cobra-front-bumper/112634862025?hash=item1a398f99c9:g:tDYAAOSw3YNXcXVS&vxp=mtr

Would you run it?
I would stay FAR FAR FAR away from that. It's fiberglass. You don't want a fiberglass bumper. Sideskirts you MAY be able to get away with. Bumpers, no way. Hell, I payed about half that for the aftermarket 03/04 bumper, in urethane, that I have sitting in my garage as an extra. No way I would pay that kind of money for a fiberglass bumper.

·
Another slow GT
661 Posts
I would stay FAR FAR FAR away from that. It's fiberglass. You don't want a fiberglass bumper. Sideskirts you MAY be able to get away with. Bumpers, no way. Hell, I payed about half that for the aftermarket 03/04 bumper, in urethane, that I have sitting in my garage as an extra. No way I would pay that kind of money for a fiberglass bumper.
Thanks for this input. I completely overlooked the implications of that bumper being fiberglass. Great points and good looking out.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for this input. I completely overlooked the implications of that bumper being fiberglass. Great points and good looking out.
Just keep an eye on forums, craigslist, letgo...etc They do pop up from time to time but you may have to drive a little ways. The unpainted one that I had was on craigslist near atlanta (about 2 hours from me.) I kept it until I found the other one on my local craigslist and sold it for nearly twice what I paid for it because the guy I bought it from was a former body shop guy that retired and didn't know what it was even worth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts