Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I have changed the alternator, be cause I had codes like p0340 and 0344 but now I have a P0622 code and the Battery lights in my display, hmm have done something wrong.

I also notice that when the motor is just running it sometimes go down to 500 rpm then gets back to 900-1000

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Sounds like its taking a load. Have you checked to see if any particular thing is kicking in right when they RPMs drop.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Well that means Generator field circut malfunction or something like that. And if you know the alternator is good then it is probably the wiring. Use voltmeter to test the wires to see if there is a drop off. Wiring can look good from the outside and still be shot on the inside.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the Alternator is new, but I have also tested the Battery when the engine was running and it was 14.49volt looks good, but still I see the battery in display/ code P0622 / the engine goes down to 500 rpm when running.

when I changed the alternator I noticed that on one of the cables, the one where there is robber over the connector, there is a hole in it about 1cm in diameter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like its taking a load. Have you checked to see if any particular thing is kicking in right when they RPMs drop.
nah I dont think so, it always when the car stays with engine running, but it also first happen after alternator install

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I just installed my PA Performance alternator and changed the wire to #4. Works like a charm. You should do the same.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Gauge #4 it's a thicker wire for higher output alternators. It can take more amps than the stock wire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts