Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just purchased a rack and pinion for my car, its a rebuilt title and the original one is ****! the ebay seller told me it would fit all models 99-04 v6 and gt cars, is there any difference is the steering shafts the same, inner outer tie rods, or will i have to change some things? My car isn't lowered so there will be no issues with cc plates or anything, should it bolt right up?:confused: THANKS.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i thought i need one a while back cause i had SO much slack in the wheel but it happend to be that shaft that goes down thru the headers to the R&P. 220 my cost from the dealership! F-ing high for that lil shaft.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought i need one a while back cause i had SO much slack in the wheel but it happend to be that shaft that goes down thru the headers to the R&P. 220 my cost from the dealership! F-ing high for that lil shaft.
my rack has slack and creeks both directions so i figure i will replace it and the shaft later. the inner side of my tire on both side have a half and inch wore spot on them in the inner each kindive like the tire is being pushed down the road instead of rolling,once the rack is replaced i can get the caster issue out of the way cause if i don't my tires will be ****ed! so i will just do it a part at a time:yes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts