Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found a post on craigslist for a gt40 intake upper/lower- i was talking to the guy, and i asked him what the gt40 was off of, he told me he didn't know but he knows its a gt40. how can i verify it's a gt40? there should be a gt40 stamped somewhere on the intake i'm assuming? it's for 100 bucks and it's about an hour away from where i live.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
go pull one yourself at a junkyard, will take an hour of work instead of driving. and spend $40 instead of $100 for the intake plus gas.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The gt40/ explorer intake will have a staggered round ports, just like the cobra intake. as for the gt40 heads i think there is a gt stamped some where on the heads, but I'm unfamiliar with them so i dont want to give you bad info...google it, or search this forum, i know this question has been asked many times before.

gt40 heads identify

how to identify gt40 cyclinder heads - Google Search

gt40 Intake identify

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4RNTM_enUS362US363&q=how+to+identify+gt40+intake

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
those heads and intakes didn't just come on 96 explorers, there are other makes models and years, some have GT40p heads as well which are better but do not have the smog tubes in the back of the heads, but can be machine for them....I dont have a list but I'm sure you can google that too

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
That's what you have the opportunity to buy ? thats a real tubular gt40 intake, those didn't come on explorers, then did come on ford lightnings....those things can sell for almost 600 dollars.....they dont really flow any more then a cobra or explorer intake but they look a hell of a lot better which is the reason they sell for so much.

I wouldn't pay 600 for one because there are better intakes out there but if you can get it cheap then do it

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm guessing they're a direct bolton to my 1990 ford mustang 5.0? lemme know asap so i can get on this deal. the drive is about an hour away but if u say it's worth it, i'm gonna jump on it

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I am serious....for a 100 bucks, id leave now to go get it..............

This guys either a dumb ass, or there's some thing wrong with it

go on ebay and type in Tubular gt40 intakes, or just gt40, if that picture shows up, look at the price

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
tubular gt40 intake | eBay

the ones in these pictures are missing the decorative cover plate which the one you posted has, which makes it worth more....the decorative cover plates sell for around 90-100 dollars....

and yes it will bolt right up to 86-93 mustangs....

Right on man good luck and drive fast...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts