Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, we installed my Boss 302 intake manifold. Install took less than 2 hours to do and I was taking my sweet little time too. Its stupid easy that anyone with a set of tools can do. The performance difference is also crazy! The top of the RPM band has gobs of power. Pulls like no tomorrow. The low RPM band now feels better too. Its alot smoother and easier to drive around town. The Steeda intake does fit, but you do have to manhandle it a little to fit right.

Then we installed the Boss 302 Street Splitter. This was honestly harder to install than the Boss manifold. It broke my heart having to drill out all those holes in the car, but after it went on, it looks amazing! Completely worth the $130 it costs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
What strut tower brace is that? Is that the 2010 brace? Any fitment issues with it?

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the Boss one. Its meant for the Boss manifold. Fits perfect :)

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a "Custom" Email Tune from BBR/LMR. I did a dyno with the Steeda intake, Axle Backs, and original BBR tune, and put down 390rwhp and 372tq, with an A/F of 12.4 straight across. Dyno shop said it was a near perfect tune. Problem with Steeda and axle backs was that around 6500rpm, the power dies off.

LMR hooked me up with the updated BBR tune for the Boss Mani, Steeda Intake, and Axlebacks.

There is a BIG difference in the mid/upper RPM range. It pulls to 7000rpm like it has a turbo in it. The lower RPMs to me seem about the same amount of power, put for some reason feels more calm and easier to drive. Ill have a new dyno this week or next with updated #s.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think the boss engine with the new cams runs up to 7500rpms? I would like to see if the stock cams will make power up that high with this better intake.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
There is a BIG difference in the mid/upper RPM range. It pulls to 7000rpm like it has a turbo in it. The lower RPMs to me seem about the same amount of power, put for some reason feels more calm and easier to drive. Ill have a new dyno this week or next with updated #s.
That's from the long runners on that manifold.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thats the Boss one. Its meant for the Boss manifold. Fits perfect :)
I know this is off topic but I just checked and the part numbers are the same for the 2010 GT and 2012 boss strut tower brace. Wish I would have known this a while ago. I have been looking for a while for a decent tower brace that's fairly cheap.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Hmm...this makes me want to do a Boss intake instead of exterior mods.... Damnit! lol.

·
Registered
386 Posts
How much was the Boss Intake and did you have to replace the intake tube and air filter for it to fully work or will the regular 5.0 intake tubes work with it?

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm...this makes me want to do a Boss intake instead of exterior mods.... Damnit! lol.
Swervo, you should do it! It will be worth it and its some bling under the hood too.

Looks (.)(.)'s
And this car gets me lots of em too :)

How much was the Boss Intake and did you have to replace the intake tube and air filter for it to fully work or will the regular 5.0 intake tubes work with it?
I got the boss Manifold for $439 from LMR. Im using the Steeda intake and everything fit, didnt change anything out. It took some manhandling to get it on, but after its all tightened down, its great. There is something you do need to buy though, you need 2 feet of fuel/emmisions hose, some clamps, and some bolt to relocate one of your sensors. As for the regular 5.0 intake, I am not sure since Im not using it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a couple questions:

1) Is the lower cs/boss fascia part of the "bumper" or is it seperately attached?

2) Are you saying the Boss splitter is only $130? Where did you get that from?

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The lower CS fascia is attached onto the bumper. I guess you can say its a two piece bumper. The top portion (Blue part) and the bottom portion (black part). I removed the original GT bottom part and installed the CS bottom instead.

New Ford Parts - Genuine OEM Ford Replacement Parts

its $138 shipped. It was on sale, I dont know if its still on sale though. Part Number is CR3Z17626AC. Its not the Laguna Seca splitter, is the regular boss splitter that adds the two lips on the sides of it

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad I can do that for ya.

Just to let you know, it will be PAINFUL to drill all those holes in your car, but it will be worth it in the end

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 36 Posts