Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have the FRP C springs...tokico shocks n stuts...or kyb?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
what are you using the car for

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probly more road course than drag... a little of both but im sure ill be at road america at least a couple times this summer.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
KYB are Crap, and Tokico are good. KYB are basically stock replacement parts. They are slightly better, but not by much. They would work fine for the C springs, since they aren't incredibly stiff, but I would advise getting some bilstein, tokico or koni strut\shocks. Much higher quality and with the Tokico, you get an adjustable rate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
+ 1 Bilstein.
i recently put bilstein shocks and struts on my mustang. they are amazing. i have always heard they are the way to go because of the monotube setup rather than the twin tube when it comes to road racing. a friend of mine also has QA1's, which are supposed to be very good also

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. This site is definitly a great site. You guys respond quickly with great info!I keep hearing bilsteins are the way to go. Im going to wait and get a set of bisteins then so I can put them in when I do the springs. Im guessing thats why they are more expensive. Any ideas where to find some for a good price?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts