Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Ive been Searching and reading post after post and gathering as much info as i can about my current situation. I have a 98 Gt With 3.73's in the rearend and a Tremec tr-3550. I have nothing done to the engine but i purchased a set of pi heads and they have gasket matched P&P and i also Got a set of BBK longtubes. The 4.6 has got 186,000 on it and is starting to burn oil. I want to rebuild the motor and get it back on the road as soon as possible but id also like to put a Kenne Bell on it but dont have the funds just yet. So i was thinking about Just buliding a bad A$$ NA setup but i want to have high compression to get more out of the motor. So could i run like an 11:5 to 1 Compression ratio and still slap a Kenne Bell 2.1 or possible 2.6 on later with the same compression? If so how many lbs of boost could it handle on 93 octane? Or would i have to run race gas? Also what kind of numbers could i expect from around 9-14lbs of boost with that setup and im thinking about goin with comp 270's. I've never built a ford engine before because i was all chevy until i drove this beast for the first time....Been a ford lover ever since. I appreciate any advice you guys can provide me. I am lost as to where to go from here. Thanks!!:D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
You will probably get more answers faster in the 96-98 section. NA build will probably be more expensive. Just rebuild the engine with forged internals and slap a KB on there. Then you can run as much boost as you want.

Ive got a KB on my 03 Cobra...you will not be disappointed. Although you may want to check out a whipple

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to go with the kenne bell but i was concerned about having a high compression ratio. Any clue what the max is i can run with boost? And i appreciate the advice. I dont know how to delete this so ive got a double post now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.