Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some free time today and Ive been thinking about modding performance wise so I went to a local dyno shop and got it dynoed.

This is what I got:

My engine is stock. 3:31 gears. All my mods are cosmetics/suspension.

I was thinking maybe it was so low because of the SVE drifts I have...? I mean could the tires/wheels really effect performance that much? I have 275/40/19 all around.

When I went to the drag strip, the best time I got was 13.3 out of three runs I had. People with full bolt ons were running low 12's and that particular strip is known for giving .5 to 1 sec more than other strips. I figured my time was pretty average considering the engine is stock.

What do you guys think? I ve been running 93 octane since Day 1. I only put gas at Shell/Chevron. I have properly broken my engine in the first 1k miles. Use Full Synthetic Mobil 1 and filter. Basically I take care of my car. Let me know what you guys think.

·
good with the steel.
244 Posts
Auto or manual?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual. 4th gear pull. It really chocked at the top. did 5th gear but its got the governor so it stopped making power at one point.

·
MooShoo Pork
308 Posts
Manual. 4th gear pull. It really chocked at the top. did 5th gear but its got the governor so it stopped making power at one point.
You have to use the 5th gear pull for the most accuracy since thats 1:1. Its really not low that's what most of them do stock. I think mine was 353whp stock. Some people either have freak factory cars, use dynojets (or high reading dynos), or just make up numbers.

·
Regular
71 Posts
I was thinking maybe it was so low because of the SVE drifts I have...? I mean could the tires/wheels really effect performance that much? I have 275/40/19 all around.
If anything having the lighter sve drifts would help with performance, however that little help would not be noticeable on a dyno. thats just :2cents

·
Ford Master Tech
703 Posts
You have to use the 5th gear pull for the most accuracy since thats 1:1. Its really not low that's what most of them do stock. I think mine was 353whp stock. Some people either have freak factory cars, use dynojets (or high reading dynos), or just make up numbers.
Looking at the dyno sheet it is a dynojet. He needs to do a 5th gear pull and it should go up around 15rwhp or maybe 25rwhp and he would be happy.

-Thomas

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anything having the lighter sve drifts would help with performance, however that little help would not be noticeable on a dyno. thats just :2cents
SVE Drifts are lighter than stock? I thought SVE drifts were like...26 lbs..?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at the dyno sheet it is a dynojet. He needs to do a 5th gear pull and it should go up around 15rwhp or maybe 25rwhp and he would be happy.

-Thomas
5th gear was not successful because since my engine is stock, the govornor stopped the acceleration

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just an FYI but Mobil 1 isn't a full synthetic. Hasn't been in a while now.

As far as the dyno numbers are concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Dynos are just a tool and the numbers can be manipulated pretty easy. If the car runs good then that's all that counts. A good tune will make a world of difference.

·
MooShoo Pork
308 Posts
5th gear was not successful because since my engine is stock, the govornor stopped the acceleration
everyone's stock dyno run will hit the governor lol. A 4th gear pull is useless

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
As mentioned above, gotta do the pulls in 5th. If you don't like it, get some more damn mods and a tuner already! :lol

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an FYI but Mobil 1 isn't a full synthetic. Hasn't been in a while now.

As far as the dyno numbers are concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Dynos are just a tool and the numbers can be manipulated pretty easy. If the car runs good then that's all that counts. A good tune will make a world of difference.
Wait, so when the bottle says, "Advanced Full Synthetic".....that's false advertising??

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Wait, so when the bottle says, "Advanced Full Synthetic".....that's false advertising??
He's full of ****. If you buy something called "full synthetic" it's full synthetic. I run Mobil 1 high performance super duper maximum high mileage crazy whatever the best line they carry full synthetic and their filter.

He's probably gonna say "well in Europe" blah blah blah.

Bottom line, your oil is full synthetic and so is mine.

And he's citing his info off of another forum. Not a credible source lol.

Rabbits give birth to T-Rex Dinosaurs.

See how that works lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
He's full of ****. If you buy something called "full synthetic" it's full synthetic. I run Mobil 1 high performance super duper maximum high mileage crazy whatever the best line they carry full synthetic and their filter.

He's probably gonna say "well in Europe" blah blah blah.

Bottom line, your oil is full synthetic and so is mine.

And he's citing his info off of another forum. Not a credible source lol.

Rabbits give birth to T-Rex Dinosaurs.

See how that works lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
So you believe everything you read? Go back to your six banger site little boy. This here is for the big boys.:spankit

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are false advertising. Mobil 1 is now a Group III while the true synthetics are a Group IV. Here's one good read on it. There are many others.
Is Mobil 1 truly synthetic? - MBWorld.org Forums
If this is truly the case, why do other companies like Amsoil, Royal Purple, and Castrol continuously compare their synthetic oils to Mobil 1? Pure oil fodder. I don't trust the damn Germans anyway (joking).

·
It'll be bout tree fiddy
3,429 Posts
Didn't know these cars were ever governed out? Mine is completely stock and I've had it right up to redline in every gear (save for 6th) and have a GPS verified 164 mph.

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Here's a good read. UnleashedBeast is widely considered the best guy for info regarding oil on the Mustang boards.
synthetic or regular oil 96 cobra - SVTPerformance
My father has been running mobil 1 synthetic in his his chevy silverado 1500 since 2000 the day he bought it. Almost at 385000 miles later and beat to **** every day. The truck still runs like a boss.

You are right you shouldn't belive every thing you read. I use mobil 1 in my mustang.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts