Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just started a new job and I'm making decent money. Plus I'll have christmas money coming. Looking to upgrade my baby. 95 Gt. Any suggestions? So far its lowered, catless H, and short throw. I know gears, and I'm gonna go 3.55's come summer time.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$500-$700 and if I can get rid of my truck in the drive around $3000 ha. But lets go with the first one

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
save it.. sell the truck and purchase a newer used vortech s trim for $1400 off corral.net and injectors/maf off there as well and you've just added a set of balls to your ride

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha I've thought about this route but I'd rather do turbo than blower I feel. Can you convince me otherwise? Ha

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
yes, the blower is a more simple setup, more widely available, and has enough power potential to split your block in half

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well hell lets split some blocks then. Ha

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
like ryan said, you can usually find some good deals on used stuff on the corral, make sure you get the serial and check it with the manufacturer before purchasing

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why is that? Sorry, I feel like I should know the answer. But I dont.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
with the serial and a call to vortech or whoever the manufacture is they can normally tell you the entire history of the blower head unit.. how old it is, whether it's been rebuilt and when etc just so your more aware of whta your getting.

and like stated above, blower is much easier to install yourself, no custom fab required, allot more people know how to work with them/tune, generally cheaper over all and they still make good power with pulley changes. I myself am a turbo person, two of the three vehicles I own are turbo and the fox did have a paxton novi2k but took it off and put a turbo on :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turbo seems cooler, but if I can make around high 300 low 400 with a bolt on blower and a tune then that may be the route. How much psi can i safely run on 93 and stock internals?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Turbo seems cooler, but if I can make around high 300 low 400 with a bolt on blower and a tune then that may be the route. How much psi can i safely run on 93 and stock internals?
as long as you have enough fuel, and a good tune you can push alot.

I belive my friends car was at 13-16PSI and made 409hp.... right before he lifted the head. that was with the stock heads and cam!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, I'd just hate to blow the motor up pushing too much boost through it. I'm thinking 8 is probably a safe number, but I had a guy call about the truck this morning so hopefully it's closer to leaving.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've visited corral before looking at stuff. What sort of setup do I need? There seems to be alot of variations and companies. I just want reliability, and some power.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
vortech sc trim (6 to 8psi), vortech s trim (8 plus psi and tons of room to grow) paxton novi1000( 6psi plus), paxton novi2000 (8 plus again with tons of room to grow)

for the price you'd spend on an A trim or SC trim i'd just get a S trim honestly... the paxton novi1k's are as expensive as the novi2k's so if you wanted paxton and just 6psi go with the novi1k

Both companies are great and i've oned from both and liked them both. I liked vortech's tech support a little better though

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Ryan is right on with his info, I'd pick a Vortech though (just perosnal preference)

Note that a V1 makes the cool blower whistle and the V2 is virtually silent, here is a link of mine; it has a Vortech V1 SC trim

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
So I just started a new job and I'm making decent money. Plus I'll have christmas money coming. Looking to upgrade my baby. 95 Gt. Any suggestions? So far its lowered, catless H, and short throw. I know gears, and I'm gonna go 3.55's come summer time.
What car do you have? Your avie and name say 94, your first post in this thread you say 95 and now you are saying 93......you have 3 cars or you dont know what you have, which is it?

and 500-700 I would save, if you sell your truck then you can think about going the fi route (used) but with 500-700 you are not going to get much unless you are doing all the labor yourself that helps. First off you need to decide what car...:yes

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oops. I make the 94 95 mixup alot. Somewhat dislexic sorry. But the 93 was meant about octane not year. Sorry not bullshitting I promise. 94 GT. I get lost sometimes when I'm posting stuff. Ha. And yea saving is probably a good idea, I just really wanna play with the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.