Modded Mustang Forums banner

Got my gas siphoned today...

1K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  aleykat271 
#1 ·
yeah thats right i was at work and got there with 3/4 tank and im down to a half now...so i immediately went to advance auto and got a locking gas cap...pretty sad that, thats what i had to do but be careful guys...someone had to have known i put 93 in her....SOB's

#5 ·
that sucks. but u sure the gauge isnt being finikcy or being off a little. mine has been inaccurate at times. just a thought. be reading great for the longest time and then have a weird glitch like that for 5 mins. then it be fine for weeks..

#12 ·
I tried to siphon mine before a dyno run. The only thing I could get down the inlet was a piece of 1/4" tubing. I started siphoning and went in and took a shower, got dressed, and talked on the phone for a little while. When I came out to check it I had 1/2 gallon in the can. These cars are next to impossible to siphon. Just my .02 cents.

#17 ·
I tried to siphon mine before a dyno run. The only thing I could get down the inlet was a piece of 1/4" tubing. I started siphoning and went in and took a shower, got dressed, and talked on the phone for a little while. When I came out to check it I had 1/2 gallon in the can. These cars are next to impossible to siphon. Just my .02 cents.
you cant siphion them from the filler neck. you cant even do it if one applies compressed ait to start the siphon. it may start but ill stop in a few seconds bc it doesnt have a consistent pressure or line feed to keep it going. youd have to stand there with a hose in the filler/tank and compressed air steadily blowing o pull the gas out. it be loud, it would need a steady 90psi that can peak to 125 psi, and need shop siize tanks, otherwsie air line pressure drops, and the suction fails. air tanks would need to be over 60gallon so that the compressor doenst have to cycle on, disrupting the air flow. now if i had the car in the air and had the filler neck undone and the hose in the tank, it works no problem. do it alot at work.

shitty gauge FTL. my gauge acts up now and again. same shitty design gauge like all other manufacturers, Gm included.

#19 ·
oh well maybe thats true...ill see if my gauge goes back when i drive her today...the locking gas cap is a good piece of mind in my opinion anyway

#20 ·
It's the material they use to make the fuel level sensor, read something about it in the newspaper a few years back - most American manufacturers use a sensor that gets a specific type of corrosion from some particular additive in the fuel formulation we use in the US. The corrosion makes the sensor malfunction exactly like what yours is doing.

There's a fuel additive you can use every other tank of gas that removes the corrosion, but if you stop using it, the corrosion just comes back. Best to watch your miles and do what Luis does = fill up more often.

It sucks, but the alternative is to buy a more expensive car... is it worth it? Not imo.

#22 ·
its any additive really...i mean im sure he knows of one that is really good...but any...your already using 93....i always though that the addititves just boost octane...i think im wrong...anyway dude why you worrying about 1/4 tank anyway lol....y needle sticks all week and i think im still close to full and **** outa nowhere its at empty lol...

#24 ·
Hopefullt it is just your gauge acting up. I got mine out of the garage after sitting for 4 days, it read 9 miles to empty. I thought I had over 1/4 tank in it, drove to the gas station and as I was pulling in the hand moved back over 1/4 tank. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.