Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my BBK longtubes and Mid pipe from Summit and i didnt know they came with gaskets so i ordered some copper ones, I guess my question is should i use the copper ones or the gaskets that came with the headers? also if anyone else has BBKs let me know, tell me what you think of um.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Throw up some pics of the goodies!!!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

all mached up in my living room waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
F**king Gourgous!!! Your Neighbors are going to love you lol! Looks Amazing. I dont know if GM is the same as Blue Oval but I have being running fel-pro gaskets on my Longtubes for three years with no problem and thats what the header company request that I run.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neighbors already hate me and my SLP LM2 system and catless mid.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i have either the copper ones or the ones that came with the headers and i dont see the need on spending any more money on gasketry.

·
Registered
81 Posts
are you doing the install yourself? i hated it, drop the kmember! do it the easy way! how im not leaking exhaust on mine ill never know.. 2 of those bolts practically impossible to torque on

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ditto. Stock ford MLS type exhaust gaskets and Stage 8 locking bolts.
I agree with this. The Ford Racing MLS type are the way to go. +1 to stage 8 locking bolts. If you do it right you will have to drop the K member. This takes time an patience, but is not that complicated, and is not a job you want to do twice.

Also, to answer you question, I have BBK's and love them.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
mls gaskets FTW... dont bother with the bullshit gaskets they probably sent.... dont wanna do it twice ya know?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so the BBK gaskets are out. F8L told me to look at either copper ones or some other material that slips my mind right now.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Everyone, I mean everyone told me to stick with the factory gaskets, so thats what I did.
So far, so good.

I have a set of Percy's locking header bolts if you want them. $50. plus shipping new.
Yours for $45. shipped.

I hear using the stage 8's can be a pain in the ass.

Lastly, my car was no louder after the header install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts