Modded Mustang Forums banner

Got my STANG, i need some help tho, please.

2K views 48 replies 17 participants last post by  04gtblkvert 
#1 ·
Well, i got my mustang finally, workin M-S at metroPCS finally paid off, as im finally buying my 2002 5spd GT, im 17 btw. The car already has flows, and a CAI. i was thinking about putting in 4.10 gears, but im not sure about that. i dont have the money to go FI, im already looking at fitting sum 315's in the rear for traction. But what else could i get for power. I wanted to get to 300rwhp, i know its a long shot, but i would like to know what you guys think about it.

#2 ·
3.73 gears are generally recommended for 5speeds and 4.10s are normally recommended for autos. You can do 4.10s if you want, it's just not as common. And I don't think you'll be able to fit 315s on the rear without possibly wheel spacers? I know the biggest rim you can put on without modifications is 10.5" and 315s are close to 12".

As far as mods you can go for udp, cams, headers, intake manifold, t-lok, and a tuner. Those are all pretty basic. These won't all get you big amounts of power separately but cams/long tube headers will sound greats and gear/t-lok will help with traction and take offs. Udp/intake manifold will add power. Tuner, well that's pretty self-explanatory as far as what it does.

#8 ·
well since you dont have the cash for FI i suggest you can try to get full bolt ons in the long run it will cost you the same though and if i could do it again id go FI then add bolt ons.... but some people cant wait to save for FI so they do bolt ons....but you wont be at 300 rwhp you will need some cams to get you there if your going N/A (along with full bolt ons)

#10 ·
its pretty hard to get 300 rwhp without fi or spray and i just so happen to be selling my nitrous kit with everything you need pm me if interested

#13 ·
at 6000rpm in 4th gear, 4.10's on a stock wheel would give you 111mph. With 3.73's it would be 122mph. Thats one with I do miss with stock gearing, is having a long 3rd and 4th gear.

#16 ·
I truly believe people think nitrous is like signing a death wish to ur car..as long as ur smart with it and have a good tune youll be fine. I have probably run 15 bottles through my car without and problem at all in my car. Nitrous is the best, cheap way to go IMO. I got a complete ZEX kit with purge, bottle warmer, gauge window switch and some other goddies for 650.

#18 ·
I understand thats cool. Do heads, cams, exhaust and bolt ons. Maybe a chip or a tuner too. This cars can be pretty fun N/A cars, i just prefer that throw you in the back of ur seat and break ur neck feeling. Also suspension will help u make the power to the tire

#20 ·
Im 20 and all i do is get hell from cops. getting followed home, getting my car search and what not. If ur worried about the cops, trade ur car in for a prius. jk. Just do some bolt ons then and make it a fun little car till u truly get the itch to make it super fast.

#21 ·
yea, i want to make it fast but i know that il be tempted to use that power on the street, i have a track relatively close to my house which is where i will be racing the car. I am also going to lower the car about 1.5 inches, which springs have you guys had success with, eibach, H&R?

#29 ·
I went 3.73s with mine, but now i wish i went 4.10...

dont fear the gear like i did. my gas milage didnt really change anyways.

btw H&R SS Springs FTMFW

#32 ·
They are specific BBK lowering springs NIB. I have not done anything with them yet and they are actually still in the plastic wrap.

#34 ·
Sorry bro, cant go that low. I wish i could, but they are heavy as hell and the shipping would cost me a pretty penny. I do know thought that we get discounts from americanmuscle.com, but i cant tell you the code. contact AMNick and see if he can give you the code. Hopefully that will help you out some

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.