Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And i just realized something... IDK if i ordered the right thing

now i got the 2.5" in and out, but the thing i didnt think about is the placement of the inlet and outlets...

the ones i have are inlet center and outlet on to the side...

is this right? does it even matter? Am i just being retarded right now?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now im just waiting for my longtubes :)

does this sound like it should work? im going to just take it to a shop and have them install everything

mac long tubes
o/r h pipe
2 thrush welds
with powdercoated 3" tips

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
now im just waiting for my longtubes :)

does this sound like it should work? im going to just take it to a shop and have them install everything

mac long tubes
o/r h pipe
2 thrush welds
with powdercoated 3" tips
Sounds good but how are you going to pass inspection, especially since your in cali?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
i just had to get it smogged last week. passed np.

if i get a catted h-pipe will i be able to just switch it out and pass?

or will the longtubes be a problem?
From what I have heard longtubes are illegal. If I remember correctly you cannot move the 02 sensors. But since many states dont have emissions you can run with longtubes. But since your in cali your screwed.

I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Honestly man I couldnt tell you. If I were you I would go talk to some inspection places and ask them if you could run longtubes with a catted h. I dont know much about cali law. But here in nc I have been told I cannot run longtubes with a catted h.

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Unless you have someone to "pass" you, there is no point in going LT's

And don't go with an O/R H...Go straight pipes for sure :yes

·
Banned
636 Posts
Honestly man I couldnt tell you. If I were you I would go talk to some inspection places and ask them if you could run longtubes with a catted h. I dont know much about cali law. But here in nc I have been told I cannot run longtubes with a catted h.
How many places did you ask? Because I have not heard that. Only thing I heard is its going to take longer for the cats to warm up so make sure they are nice and hot when going to the inspection place.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
How many places did you ask? Because I have not heard that. Only thing I heard is its going to take longer for the cats to warm up so make sure they are nice and hot when going to the inspection place.
I talked to a mac rep about it and he said longtubes are illegal no matter the circumstances. Also the inspection place I go to they also told me I could not move the 02 sensors and thats what you have to do on longtubes.

·
Banned
636 Posts
I talked to a mac rep about it and he said longtubes are illegal no matter the circumstances. Also the inspection place I go to they also told me I could not move the 02 sensors and thats what you have to do on longtubes.
I dunno bout that lol. Were you clear with the MAC rep that you would still have cats? I have never heard that before.

Also a lot of shops dont like touching ANYTHING before the cats because of legality issues. I had one shop trying to persuade me out of it, and another that said no problem. Not saying thats false, just sounds odd.

I just went to the exhaust shop the other day (the same one that didnt want to do the install) and there was jeep there that at first had no cats or emissions stuff (some prize of a contest, pretty nice and loud). They had to add cats and whatnot to make it legal. So if something like that can pass, im sure having LTs wouldnt be much of an issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts