Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so could i get an estimate on how many HP am I getting at the wheeel?
mods are in sig

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
+1, it will have less rotational mass than the stock driveshaft. also, about 1lb of rotational mass lost, the car thinks it lost about 10 lbs. according to my wyotech instructor anyways.
That all deepends on the radious of the peice being rotated and where the weight is being removed from. It's more difficult to move weight that has farther to travel. Example: the outer edge of a 20 inch rim. If you were to go from a 20 inch rim to a 15" rim (pretend they weigh the same), you would make a lot more power to the wheels with the 15" as opposed to the 20"

·
Registered
393 Posts
That all deepends on the radious of the peice being rotated and where the weight is being removed from. It's more difficult to move weight that has farther to travel. Example: the outer edge of a 20 inch rim. If you were to go from a 20 inch rim to a 15" rim (pretend they weigh the same), you would make a lot more power to the wheels with the 15" as opposed to the 20"
true, but refering back to the driveshaft, even if it has a larger outside diameter, say 3" vs 3.5", the aftermarket aluminum driveshaft, even if it is larger in diameter, will be easier to turn than the stock because of the weight savings.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
true, but refering back to the driveshaft, even if it has a larger outside diameter, say 3" vs 3.5", the aftermarket aluminum driveshaft, even if it is larger in diameter, will be easier to turn than the stock because of the weight savings.
Agreed, I just posted that because somtimes I can bit of a perfectionist:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts