Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mustang (99-04)2 valve Stage 3 Patriot Heads

What y'all think seems too cheap, could I even use these or would it be way over kill till I got the turbo on? I got cash in my pocket lol but jm determined and committed for the on3 so I don't wanna do my self more harm than good

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Definitely keep saving for the turbo. Patriot heads are kind of ehh. Not bad, not great

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This^^

I know it looks good but idk if that's too much as I sit? And iv heard some bad things about patriot heads, buttt if its going to be a good buy, for that price I'd pick em up tom

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I don't know what's not great about patriots... they're PI castings like all other heads except Trick Flow. I will say that you may wanna verify with patriot that those heads don't require a .020 overbore for the valves to clear the deck. I'd rather have the heads than a turbo but I'm a nitrous guy.

Plenty of complaints about Patriots when they were first released to due spark plug blow outs.... they use newer PI castings and that's no longer an issue.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What power would they make.with my current set up tho

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
dont stock 2v heads that are ported and polished flow almost just as good as patriots. ive heard its not worth the extra coin for them. no experience ive thought ive just heard that before.... idk. on3 sounds nice lol

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If I recall correctly stage 3 Patriot heads require the motor to be bored .020" over.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
dont stock 2v heads that are ported and polished flow almost just as good as patriots. ive heard its not worth the extra coin for them. no experience ive thought ive just heard that before.... idk. on3 sounds nice lol
Patriots are CNC ported PI heads. So to answer your question of do they flow almost as good.... they would flow the same... since they are the same.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
If I recall correctly stage 3 Patriot heads require the motor to be bored .020" over.
I believe the same, that's why I mentioned it already.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Alright well guess I'll be passing on those :/
Passing why? They're not a bad buy as long as you can bolt them on to a standard bore block. What lead you to think they were bad?

·
Registered
601 Posts
02TrickFlowGT ... you'll gain like 20HP with heads. You'll gain 150HP with Turbo!

Nevermind ... just found out he sold it. Who are you planning on using for a tune?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Passing why? They're not a bad buy as long as you can bolt them on to a standard bore block. What lead you to think they were bad?
Iv just heard alot of ppl having problems with the patriot stuff but iv never owned it so im not sure, good buy still but I Like the 100+ hp more I think, well do the turbo than maybe I can find someone to port n polish my heads! Thanks for the input.. Im still going to see if they fit a standard bore tho lol cause they look niice.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I didn't ready anything but the the op post but go turbo with stock heads. Ill push my stock heads well into the tens with just cams and springs. Going for low 11s stock longblock

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
Jive pepper runs patriot heads on his blown setup I can remember how much of a gain he seen.i ll just stick to stock heads and save for that turbo!!!!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, the way its looking man im going to be "pulling the trigger on3 turbo kit" about the 20th :) Wont have all the supporting mods yet but those are eaiser to get than a whole turbo kit! dream coming true!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts