Modded Mustang Forums banner

got some money for turbo stuff, than saw...

1K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  02TrickFlowGT 
#1 ·
Mustang (99-04)2 valve Stage 3 Patriot Heads

What y'all think seems too cheap, could I even use these or would it be way over kill till I got the turbo on? I got cash in my pocket lol but jm determined and committed for the on3 so I don't wanna do my self more harm than good

#5 ·
Definitely keep saving for the turbo. Patriot heads are kind of ehh. Not bad, not great

#7 ·
I don't know what's not great about patriots... they're PI castings like all other heads except Trick Flow. I will say that you may wanna verify with patriot that those heads don't require a .020 overbore for the valves to clear the deck. I'd rather have the heads than a turbo but I'm a nitrous guy.

Plenty of complaints about Patriots when they were first released to due spark plug blow outs.... they use newer PI castings and that's no longer an issue.

#9 ·
dont stock 2v heads that are ported and polished flow almost just as good as patriots. ive heard its not worth the extra coin for them. no experience ive thought ive just heard that before.... idk. on3 sounds nice lol

#11 ·
Patriots are CNC ported PI heads. So to answer your question of do they flow almost as good.... they would flow the same... since they are the same.

#10 ·
If I recall correctly stage 3 Patriot heads require the motor to be bored .020" over.

#16 ·
02TrickFlowGT ... you'll gain like 20HP with heads. You'll gain 150HP with Turbo!

Nevermind ... just found out he sold it. Who are you planning on using for a tune?

#18 ·
I didn't ready anything but the the op post but go turbo with stock heads. Ill push my stock heads well into the tens with just cams and springs. Going for low 11s stock longblock

#20 ·
Yea, the way its looking man im going to be "pulling the trigger on3 turbo kit" about the 20th :) Wont have all the supporting mods yet but those are eaiser to get than a whole turbo kit! dream coming true!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.