Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my new pistons in the mail, kinda, my buddy got them, Im in the middle east again, so I have to wait another 6 months to finish my build, it should turn out pretty nasty, I decided to go with the big bore block and my stroker rotating assembly that I already have, and the tfs heads, and were gonna get comp to cut a custom cam for the 5.3 motor, that should get me well over 400 hp on motor to the wheels, but I will just have to wait until i get home.

·
Registered
978 Posts
+1 on the overseas part!! SUX but the money is nice. gonna miss it when i come back stateside

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
what brand of pistons did you get? what kind of compression are you running to get you up to the 400 rwhp range?

Im running the 5.0 stroker with cams and heads and full bolt ons with 9.5:1 CR and barely make 325 to the wheels

Im not doubting you can one bit, just curious as to the specs of your build

·
Registered
13 Posts
haha my buddy thought he was going to be home for a month from overseas... ordered a bunch of upgrades for his stang but then got early deployed back for some reason.. so now i get to receive all of his parts *muahaha*

i told him he was damn lucky he had a s197 and his stuff didnt fit on my car lol. but yeah he said the anticipation is horrible

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went with manly's with a 23cc dish, and i have .045 thick head gaskets with the 38cc chamber on the tfs heads which gives me 10.5:1 compression, and kooks long tubes, bassani exhaust, and a whole scaggle of other bolt ons, my last motor was a 5.0 stroker with crower cams and patriot heads with almost 13:1 compression, and my builder was making 3/4 throttle pulls letting off at around 4500 rpm's on his dyno and it was already making around 330, but the damn thing siezed a camshaft the next day, so i scraped the patriot heads,and decided to do something nasty, i also have a 150 shot on it, but never got the chance to spray it, we are gonna see how much power we can squeeze out of a n/a modular

1 - 7 of 7 Posts