Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my chin spoiler installed today. Got it done in about an hour. Only problems are in the middle it bows out some (can fix by adding a small screw or two in the back) and the driver corner bows downward from shipping deformaty (sp).

I'm not sure how im gonna fix that... I could use a blow drier and heat up the material and try to hold it in place. I think it would just form right back to the bowed shape tho. Will get better pics of that later to see if anyone has an idea.

The car is filthy since its been raining for almost a week straight. It was sprinkling and overcast so the pics are not great and you can barely see the chin...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Looks good man

As for the imperfections.

Just drill closer to the corner where the lip meets the body. That should close that part up and possibly even it out. As for the other one, just drill a hole and make sure you mark it before drilling so you don't over correct it.

And make sure you don't drill too far :lol

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Cobra one takes no drilling holes to line it up, its pre made in the bumper. The problem on the corner arrised from wrapping it up in a box to ship it. So making a new hole near the back corner will throw off all the holes. It has 4 pre made holes on the side and 3 on the front I think with some lips that it sits on.

As for the front sticking out some thats what I plan to do. Gonna have someone hold it in flush with the bumper and I will be under the car and will make a small hole then put a small bolt on it. The Cobra bumper has an area at the bottom that the screws go through and they are still hidden from the outside.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Looks good man. How long did you let it sit out after you got it?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Almost a week. I got it last Sat so it had plenty of time to get back to shape.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts