Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I found out today that my 2001 GT (that has a 1998 vortech V2 engine) was dyno tuned in January of this year. I called the company that did it (Fastlanes Motorsports) and they faxed me a copy of the dyno sheet. The car made 329 RWHP and 332 TQ at 6k RPM. I was wondering if that was decent power for the car? I was hoping to work the motor to put down as close to 400 RWHP as possible. I recently installed a water/meth kit and have a schedule to have it retuned next week.

Any suggestions and I know I have been vaque but I am unsure what info you may want/need, so just ask me. The car has longtube headers, flowmaster exhaust and so on.

Thx,
Poppjac

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would a PI swapped make much difference? I actually have the heads and cams that go with the 2001 motor that came with the car.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
The intake manifold and cams will help, if you swap the heads though you won't be able to run as high of psi without changing all the internals. They run at a higher compression ratio which gives some more horse power on its own but not so great for boosting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts