Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at Modular Powerhouse (MPH) in Cartersville, GA. Man, going from 3.31 to 3.73 made it a different car. Much more fun to drive now. My only power mod so far is a K&N CAI. The dyno pulls, 2 hot and one after cool down netted RWHP/RWTQ of 268.47/278.48, 267.46/276.3 and 279.07/293.17 respectively. Have an X-cal2 on the way from Brenspeed, should be here late next week. Can't wait to load it and get back up to MPH to see what difference it makes. Tim, Rhonda and the guys at MPH are great to deal with, its a long way for me to go to have work done, about 73 miles, but I'm glad I went. Thanks again to StanglifeMike and the others who recommended MPH.:D

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sounds good oddball, I have 3.55's do you think changing to 3.73 would make the same type of difference?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
oh im sorry so he did the pull in newton meters?

smart ass lol

·
Registered
600 Posts
4.10s and a supercharger? bad combo?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
07BlkGT, I honestly can't say how much difference you'd see going up one step from 3.55, but one of the guys there today said he'd gone from 3.55 to 3.73 and was happy with the results.

1BadStang, yes, I had the gears swapped. Used FRPP's gear set.

TurboLX, I can't tell if you're just joking around or not. Just in case you're not, that's rear wheel hp and tq, not measured at the engine like the #'s Ford published. Torque is in ft/lbs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
goin from 3.55 to 3.73 will get you about 250 to 300 rpms. each step up or down gets you the same. according to my mechanic

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
4.10s and a supercharger? bad combo?

not with some stick tires, and the right size tire (Example: 28x10.5x15), You need to figure what you are going to do down the road or you may be going to a taller gear. I stuck with 3.55 because I am hoping for 128-130 mph trap speeds. It is very easy to over gear the car and not be able to finish the 1/4 mile with out a taller tire

·
Registered
600 Posts
not with some stick tires, and the right size tire (Example: 28x10.5x15), You need to figure what you are going to do down the road or you may be going to a taller gear. I stuck with 3.55 because I am hoping for 128-130 mph trap speeds. It is very easy to over gear the car and not be able to finish the 1/4 mile with out a taller tire
oh okay, i see what your saying, also with the 4.10s arent you shifting into 5th in the 1/4 mile? i plan on supercharging it, but i dont think its worth the 600$ to go from 3.55 to 3.73..pretty much looking to make a weekend driven car that i can bring to the track to run 11's..:help

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
It depends on the mph and tire height, most people with 4:10 usually have to increase revs to trap in 4th gear. i have seen a couple guys with twinscrews and centri's running upto 6500-6800 rpm to get the car to trap in 4th. If they would swap to a 3.73 they would be trapping rpm around 5900-6100 rpm

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It depends on the mph and tire height, most people with 4:10 usually have to increase revs to trap in 4th gear. i have seen a couple guys with twinscrews and centri's running upto 6500-6800 rpm to get the car to trap in 4th. If they would swap to a 3.73 they would be trapping rpm around 5900-6100 rpm
That's why I went with 3.73 instead of 4.10. This is mostly a weekend fun/cruising car and I don't know that I'll ever run the 1/4 mile in it. Don't see the need for me to be pushing the engine that hard.

On a different note, there were some awesome cars there at MPH yesterday. but everyone was oohing and aahing over my stock GT because its Grabber Orange. That seems to be a favorite color of most of the guys there. Jeff, one of the techs, showed me a pic of a Grabber Orange GT they built at MPH. Had a Cervini's hood with scoop and the tapered hump down the center similar to the 1970 Mustangs. Had black stripes along the bottom of the doors and a wide black stripe on the hood flanked by two narrower ones. I can't remember now what he said the HP was, but its an impressive looking car w/impressive numbers. There was also a white early 2000's model Cobra with bright orange stripes on the hood that you could tell were actually painted checkerboard pattern when the light was right, alternating metallic and non metallic, but the same color. 4.6L with a 76mm? turbo, whatever that means, I know nothing about turbos except a rough idea how they work, Jeff said its developing around 1100 hp.I know, this tread is worthless without pics! I've been to MPH's website but was unable to find pics of these two. Next time I go up there, I'm taking my camera!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yeah I heard he does some good work. I am planning on getting my car tuned there depending on time frame from my local tuner

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I can't imagine having to shift out of first even faster than I do now.... I am going to find someone with 373's and check it out... I agree about the 410's no way to get them to hook with an SC.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts