Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a shop to get my exhaust system installed and they wont do it because theres no cats....wtf. Well now I have to send in my O/R Xpipe back to get a Cated Xpipe.

Will a Cated xpipe change anything other than sound?

MAC LT Headers
Lethal Performance Cated Xpipe for LT Headers
Pypes Catback

I hope I can get everything done this week.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
uh why don't you try to look up any performance shop instead of an exhaust shop. I don't know of any performance shop that won't install a off-road x pipe

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I went to a shop to get my exhaust system installed and they wont do it because theres no cats....wtf. Well now I have to send in my O/R Xpipe back to get a Cated Xpipe.

Will a Cated xpipe change anything other than sound?

MAC LT Headers
Lethal Performance Cated Xpipe for LT Headers
Pypes Catback

I hope I can get everything done this week.
where do ya live i might be able to give you a shop, but the mid pipe is easy, for nuts hold on the stock pipe to the manifold, and if someone throws the long tubes on for you then the hardest part is done for you, that being having to reach all the way up to the stock manifolds to get to the nuts, its simple, if doing it yourself is not an option, then i might know a shop you can bring it to

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
You can definately install the midpipe yourself. If you get a shop to put the lt's on, they probably won't let you install the midpipe in their bay. You'll probably have to drive it home without mid pipe or mufflers. Unless you want to put it on in the parking lot. Stick with finding a performance shop and have them install the whole thing.

Nice looking car 96.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
man the US sucks.
we dont need inspections
after the car is insured/registered, we dont have to get it inspected

·
Registered
991 Posts
well some states suck i now NY does sooo many gay laws but FL there is not safety or emissions lol you need like 2 headlights and a seatbelt and ur good no need for a body of anything lol

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
just do it all yourself, its easy. that BS they wont install because of cats, tell them its for offroad use only, if they still wont do it, tell them you'll call the BBB.

my shops in sterling though, i can do it for you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The Catted vs. the un-catted won't make much of a differance untill you are flowing some major air. So untill you are pushing some boost, like atleast 9psi of it, or are running over 7000 rpm, it aint going to matter on your performance.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Well shops can be fined over $10,000 for anything that violates smog laws in some states. For many shops its not even worth the risk of touching an illegal setup.
+1 My friend went to a place to see if they would put an O/R X onto his LS1 GTO. They told him they aren't allowed to touch the emmissions part of the car for 7yrs/70,000 miles. The guy said he had gotten in trouble a number of years back and he said they threatened to all but shut his shop down.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Or you could just install it yourself, it isn't all that difficult

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
:withhomo

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Shop around, someone will do it. Just tell them its not a street car or something??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts