Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been thinking about turboin my stang. and i have come up with an idea. (here is my idea) (Image of stang turbo setup idea - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting) my question is after looking at my plan where would i hook up the maf. and i know i would have to get it tuned, i plan on buying hte sniper tuner (would this tuner work). adn what size injectors would i have to use. and my last and most important question is would my idea work? thanks for the input and help.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
vague draiwing, but if i understand it right you want to do a remote mount turbo? the maf would be a blow thru, a sniper will be aboe to tune it. if you dyno tune it, use what the tuner needs. as for injector size, depends on how much you plan on running.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean a blow thru maf?

·
Registered
468 Posts
MAF after the turbo as apposed to before it

·
Registered
748 Posts
look into squires for their universal kit or ironman customs remote kits. i dont know how the universal kit is from squires, but a buddy has it on his 02 SS CAmaro.

·
Registered
468 Posts
As for injectors, if ur running a stock block then u shouldnt need anything bigger than 42 pounders as they will support as much power as ur stock sb can reasonably take before grenading

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i really was just thinking of some ideas, but i would rather put teh turbo up at the front of teh car, but dont know how i would make both exhaust manifolds connect to the exhaust flange on the turbo. but i would like to do my setup or something similar to it but im really not sure. so if anyone has any photos of any single turbo setups it would be great.

·
Registered
468 Posts
you would have to get a Y pipe...i think mmr sells one actually for a turbo application (modular mustang racing)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts