Modded Mustang Forums banner

481 - 500 of 649 Posts

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
**** you John

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

/jealousy

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
As for what a man deserves, that is simple. A man deserves a chance to be successful and the opportunity to be happy. Anything past that is on him and will vary based off the decisions HE makes.
Agree. :foshizzle:

I tried to give you reps, but it said I've got to socialize some reps around before I can give you anymore. So while you earned reps, I cannot give them to you until I give a few to some other worthless troll. :facepalm:

Kidding, but I did try to rep you. :lol

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Daily Kos: Obamacare will double my monthly premium (according to Kaiser)

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any ****ing penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

What am I missing?

I realize I will probably get screamed at for posting this, but I can't imagine I am the only Californian who just received a rate increase from Kaiser based on these new laws.
---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Politics: Iconic Bonnie Doon ice cream factory closing - thanks to Obamacare | Best of Cain

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
is little dix bay where your ancestors came from, john?
Hahaha! VERY funny!!!

**** you John

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

/jealousy
I'm even more jealous. I have to come back home!!!:cry:

John

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Honestly, it goes back to the simple fact that what you believe is right/wrong should not be based simply on how it effects you.
This. This whole argument is pretty pointless. We just see people/society/the world in different views. I can't fault anyone else for sticking to what they believe when I'm doing the same thing.

As for this shutdown, what a waste of time. Seriously... "A government of the people, by the people, for the people." Funny how it seems nearly every American has been alienated from their government, and who do we have to blame but ourselves?

·
Registered
11,184 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
The way I see it, all politics are the same. They may have slightly different views, but one thing they all agree on is money. They want more and want citizens to have less. I'm not going to say there 0 good politics out there, because there are a few good, honest ones left, but their votes mean as little to the big wigs as ours do. There's just not enough. I think a revolution is the best case scenario here, before they have our guns. Which will happen if we let them.

Now onto the subject. The shutdown is over. For now. In 4 months, there will be renegociations. In the meantime, raise the debt ceiling again. I wish all I had to do to keep from defaulting on my loans were to borrow more.

Look at it this way, as it was told to me. You house has a sewage leak. What should you do? Pump the crap out or build the ceilings higher? I think yall will understand the right thing to do here. And honestly, if any of you haven't looked in the obamacare bill, and want to argue with me, get a little educated first.

I havently read it fully, but I have read bits and pieces. First off, I would not want to pass a bill if someone told me "You have to pass it to find out whats in it." This is ridiculous. Unexcusable.

Some parts that I have read. :

The government can view your bank account in realtime. WTF is all that comes to mind.

Obamacare will tell doctors what they can and cant charge. WTF again? I understand doctors charge a lot of money, with good reason. For one med school is not cheap. For two, theyre keeping you alive and healthy. For the mechanics out there? If you charge $70/hr for labor, you do 10 hours of work on someones car, theg come to pick it up and same, no you cant charge this much, I will give $300 for your labor and thats all. And you have to accept this, however you wouldnt do a repair for them again. That's like obamacare, they only allow them to charge so much, so there will be very few doctors accepting this.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
With the usual talk of debt and government cost in this section I'm surprised no one brought up the topic of how much it was said the shut down cost us 24billion!

Government Shutdown Cost $24 Billion, Standard & Poor's Says

Shutdown Hit Boehner?s Favorite Diner as $24 Billion Lost - Bloomberg
That's a $24B hit to GDP, not a cost. Since government spending accounts for roughly 40% of GDP, I wonder how much of that hit is simply because the government spent less. Obviously if the government spends less money then GDP is going to go down. The way those articles put it, the government spending less money is costing money. So if the government cut it's spending in half the article would be saying that cut cost $12.5T. The larger the spending cut, the more it costs us. Leaves me doing this.....:headscratcher:

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
That's a $24B hit to GDP, not a cost. Since government spending accounts for roughly 40% of GDP, I wonder how much of that hit is simply because the government spent less. Obviously if the government spends less money then GDP is going to go down. The way those articles put it, the government spending less money is costing money. So if the government cut it's spending in half the article would be saying that cut cost $12.5T. The larger the spending cut, the more it costs us. Leaves me doing this.....:headscratcher:
They seem to be playing pretty fast and loose with the numbers. On the news they cited some massive figure...which included the decrease in the stock market over the last 3 weeks. That seems to be an awfully loose correlation to say the least.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
It's funny on both sides.

Liberals are looking for the biggest number to scare people with.
Conservatives are trying to say the shutdown did zero damage.
The truth typically lies near the middle.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
While I may sound like a broken record(and I usually do) I have to reiterate my feelings that one of the most derisive issues in government today and, what I feel is at the core of many of the problems in Washington, is the Citizens United ruling. Now that SCOTUS has uncapped donations the pandoras box has been opened.

Letting corps donate as much as they want anonymously has basically unshackled whatever meager filter their was in black money being funneled to campaigns. The talk in the news and around Washington in regards to policy now seems to include what the affects of those policy decisions will have on fundraising. Because of this ruling policy is being run by fundraising and outside lobbying interests rather than what the people actually want. That's not to say it wasn't rampant before but at least there were SOME roadblocks to funneling black money into campaigns. Now it is basically a free for all.

While it may seem far fetched, in reality, China can easily setup a puppet 501(c)4 and funnel untold millions to campaigns that will favor policy that they want to strengthen their hand.

John

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
I agree whole heatedly. Our congress has been bought and paid for. Until we rescind this by constitutional amendment, we the people will never be represented.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
During a pre-scheduled House hearing, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) spent several minutes berating National Parks Service director Jonathan Jarvis over the closing of several Washington, D.C. monuments during the government shutdown. Contrasting the parks service’s decision to allow in 2011 the Occupy Wall Street movement a one-hundred-day-long encampment in D.C.’s McPherson Square with the turning away of visitors to the National Mall this October, Gowdy scolded Jarvis for favoring the “pot-smoking” Occupiers over the “war veterans” who “helped build” the monuments.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
During a pre-scheduled House hearing, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) spent several minutes berating National Parks Service director Jonathan Jarvis over the closing of several Washington, D.C. monuments during the government shutdown. Contrasting the parks service’s decision to allow in 2011 the Occupy Wall Street movement a one-hundred-day-long encampment in D.C.’s McPherson Square with the turning away of visitors to the National Mall this October, Gowdy scolded Jarvis for favoring the “pot-smoking” Occupiers over the “war veterans” who “helped build” the monuments.

Congressman Blasts National Parks Director for Favoring 'Pot-Smoking' Occupiers Over 'Veterans' - YouTube
It's **** like this that makes me mad about or government. I agree with the words he is saying (at least from what you wrote). However, it's nothing more than name calling and finger pointing. He's a congressman, his job is to help run the government and not argue. Move on, get over it, and start trying to work together and avoid another shutdown in a few months.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
It's **** like this that makes me mad about or government. I agree with the words he is saying (at least from what you wrote). However, it's nothing more than name calling and finger pointing. He's a congressman, his job is to help run the government and not argue. Move on, get over it, and start trying to work together and avoid another shutdown in a few months.
Wrong. He is to hold folks in our Govt accountable for misconduct in situations like this.

I want them all to do nothing less than hold everyone accountable when they abuse their power, do unethical things, misconduct, lie under oath, do not uphold their oath of office and the constitution, etc.

Representative Gowdy serves on the House Committees on Education and the Workforce, Ethics, Judiciary, and Oversight and Government Reform. He also serves as Chairman of the Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security for the Judiciary Committee.
So we hold no one accountable and let the wrongs go? :headscratcher:

This will only promote more of this type of bad behavior because they know they can get away with it.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Wrong. He is to hold folks in our Govt accountable for misconduct in situations like this.

I want them all to do nothing less than hold everyone accountable when they abuse their power, do unethical things, misconduct, lie under oath, do not uphold their oath of office and the constitution, etc.

So we hold no one accountable and let the wrongs go? :headscratcher:

This will only promote more of this type of bad behavior because they know they can get away with it.
While I agree with you that our congressmen also need to be holding those accountable that are not doing things correctly or ethically I also agree with sonic in that that responsibility has been defiled by using it as a tool to move an agenda along.

Congress needs to stop using these tools as a way to further their agenda and get back to sensible bi-partisan deal making. No hostage taking or "let's make the other party look as bad as we can". Instead of focusing their energies trying to move the conversation in that direction they need to be using it to try and find some common ground and get the country moving forward rather than the dog paddle we're in now.

John

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
While I agree with you that our congressmen also need to be holding those accountable that are not doing things correctly or ethically I also agree with sonic in that that responsibility has been defiled by using it as a tool to move an agenda along.

Congress needs to stop using these tools as a way to further their agenda and get back to sensible bi-partisan deal making. No hostage taking or "let's make the other party look as bad as we can". Instead of focusing their energies trying to move the conversation in that direction they need to be using it to try and find some common ground and get the country moving forward rather than the dog paddle we're in now.

John
What agenda is he moving along? Seriously? He is trying to get the national parks director to answer for his misconduct, that's it.

I don't get what's wrong with a representative trying to hold this guy accountable for blocking the WWII memorial from these old vets. The fed didn't even pay for it and it is an open air monument. It was clear that this was "to make the shutdown as painful as possible" and was also politically motivated since the occupiers got to do their thing. And then there was that immigration rally that was allowed to go one during the shutdown. :evilstare:

Aside from that, they probably spent more money erecting barricades, and using cops and riot police to keep them out than if they just left the area like it was.

But I guess it doesn't matter when it is our WWII vets trying to visit THEIR monument.

Let it be immigration or occupiers and then we have to get some accountability and allow folks to do whatever. :bubba:

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
What agenda is he moving along? Seriously? He is trying to get the national parks director to answer for his misconduct, that's it.

I don't get what's wrong with a representative trying to hold this guy accountable for blocking the WWII memorial from these old vets. The fed didn't even pay for it and it is an open air monument. It was clear that this was "to make the shutdown as painful as possible" and was also politically motivated since the occupiers got to do their thing. And then there was that immigration rally that was allowed to go one during the shutdown. :evilstare:

Aside from that, they probably spent more money erecting barricades, and using cops and riot police to keep them out than if they just left the area like it was.

But I guess it doesn't matter when it is our WWII vets trying to visit THEIR monument.

Let it be immigration or occupiers and then we have to get some accountability and allow folks to do whatever. :bubba:
I guess where you and I differ is in who we perceive as to blame for this whole mess in the first place. I see it as the Republicans using a separate and wholly unrelated issue to move their agenda along while you see it as the Democrats trying to make the shutdown the Republicans/Tea Party caused as bad as they can so that Republicans will look just that much worse. I'm not going to disagree with you that, more than likely that was EXACTLY what they did but for a member of congress to blast someone for shutting down the memorial when his own party was the cause of it and he himself voted for it is preposterous and hypocritical. Just like Congressman Neugebauer standing there in front of the park official and lambasting them for closing the memorial when he also was one of the ones that voted to shut down the government. What were they thinking when they were voting to shut down the government? Certainly not the war memorial vets. Again, I'm not leaving the the Democrats out of the blame game because they also have a hand in this.

I agree with Sonic that the finger pointing and name calling needs to stop and congress needs to get back to what we hired them for. Passing legislation that strengthens the country. All this bickering on both sides is making us look bad and does nothing to move our country forward.

Yes, it is good that inept and unethical members of congress get called out on the carpet but when it's done with an agenda behind it and the rhetoric flows from the partisan drinking fountain.....that is what needs to stop!

John

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
I guess where you and I differ is in who we perceive as to blame for this whole mess in the first place. I see it as the Republicans using a separate and wholly unrelated issue to move their agenda along while you see it as the Democrats trying to make the shutdown the Republicans/Tea Party caused as bad as they can so that Republicans will look just that much worse. I'm not going to disagree with you that, more than likely that was EXACTLY what they did but for a member of congress to blast someone for shutting down the memorial when his own party was the cause of it and he himself voted for it is preposterous and hypocritical. Just like Congressman Neugebauer standing there in front of the park official and lambasting them for closing the memorial when he also was one of the ones that voted to shut down the government. What were they thinking when they were voting to shut down the government? Certainly not the war memorial vets. Again, I'm not leaving the the Democrats out of the blame game because they also have a hand in this.

I agree with Sonic that the finger pointing and name calling needs to stop and congress needs to get back to what we hired them for. Passing legislation that strengthens the country. All this bickering on both sides is making us look bad and does nothing to move our country forward.

Yes, it is good that inept and unethical members of congress get called out on the carpet but when it's done with an agenda behind it and the rhetoric flows from the partisan drinking fountain.....that is what needs to stop!

John
So it's OK that our vets got ****ed? OK, I understand your slanted political viewpoint better now. :yes

It doesn't matter anymore. We know it was politically motived and used to inflict pain on those who oppose the DSA/Progressive rule. They got ****ed, no one is held accountable, so just move along. We have more DSA/progressive agendas to push and if the reps get in the way of it, we'll blame them and punish anyone else who's with them.

Welcome to the USSA!!!! :facepalm:

481 - 500 of 649 Posts