Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody else on here get sick and tired of people who cannot form a coherent throught through words? And I noticed that 9/10 times, the biggest offenders are new members.

You can't tell me that the new members on here have only just recently been introduced to the English language. The people signing up here cannot be any younger than 14 and most are probably over 18 because they have a car and are driving.

"True your right some one tried taking off stock one off lol I had my car stolen and stole some of my old mods were gone so there loosenes it and messed it up so I had to replace parts the bolt broke in half"

and

"im from the valley from mission tx n well shop its two brothers that all they do is work on mustangs n well the tunner is a guy from sullivan tx he tunes with the sniper computer tunning program he is a really good tuner ive always tuned my mustangs with him"

I'm not calling out names because, well, it wouldn't really make any difference. But seriously, it makes it a friggin' chore to understand and even discern somewhat what is trying to be said. And if we're not going o ride them for the grammar fine, but at least learn how to spell some of the words you're going to use.

I'm going to chalk it up to laziness on their part with typing (which still doesn't make sense to me because half the time, when something is spelled wrong, they ADDED letters) but if this is how these people actually speak, I'm glad I haven't been required to carried any sort of conversation with them in public.

PS. Yes I do have a king offender in my signature to carry around for all to see.

/rant

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
As long as I can understand what people are saying I dont think its a big deal. But I agree, theres some posts where I want to say "uhhh could you repeat that please?" but I dont want to seem rude. Theres a lot of gigantic paragraph long sentences where I have no idea what goes where.

However, grammar nazis piss me off more I think. They always seem to have some superiority complex. Some people just go way overboard with it. No, I dont care if there was supposto be a apostrophe there, or a semi colon, or some other stupid ****. Nor will you telling me that it was supposto be there encourage me to change it even a little bit. In fact I will likely intentionally make my spelling and grammar after that WORSE for the sole purpose of irritating you.

·
in Retrograde
903 Posts
However, grammar nazis piss me off more I think. They always seem to have some superiority complex. Some people just go way overboard with it. No, I dont care if there was supposto be a apostrophe there, or a semi colon, or some other stupid ****. Nor will you telling me that it was supposto be there encourage me to change it even a little bit. In fact I will likely intentionally make my spelling and grammar after that WORSE for the sole purpose of irritating you.
I honestly hate spellcheck and calculators because no one knows how to do basic math, spell without a computer, form a coherent thought, and god forbid you ask anyone to write anything by hand.

It's not a big deal if you forget a comma or don't know how to use a semicolon correctly. However, if you don't know the difference between your and you're or how to use a period, there is a bit of a problem in terms of comprehending what you really mean.

The point of a language is to convey thought via type. When you are doing it wrong, there is a strong possibility that your message is not getting across.

I think that is the OP's point and I completely agree.

·
MM's unluckiest member
3,351 Posts
Does anybody else on here get sick and tired of people who cannot form a coherent though with words? And I noticed that 9/10 times, the biggest offenders are new members.
Wait what ? You mean kinda like your very first sentence of your rant?

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it's ignorance on my part but I read a sentence as if someone is speaking it to me. I don't read it aloud but I do try to just flow through it as if the originator was standing in front of me. Sure words like they're and there wouldn't make a difference in verbal usage but there is an actual reason they're spelled differently.

If I was talking to one of my friends and they never used a single break between sentences (i.e. period on paper) I'm pretty sure I'd punch them in the face and walk away.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You aint no gonna change ppl typin!!!
Dont let it get to you. (Their) R so many, dumb people in the world YOUR gonna go crazy correcting all of them? If you really didnt understand what the message is then ask to be a little more clear.:bubba:

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys all know what I mean. Greenshift was right...
The thing is you're nitpicking the sentences I put together.

As Stangluvr1970 and Azuremach pointed out, the sentence I screwed up is easily decipherable. It's the two example I gave that makes me want to throw up. Not only that, besides the one I purposely messed up. I've gone back and editing the post, not to evade criticism but to actually make up for it and correct the post so that it's easier for other people to read.

Half the people on this damn forum don't even know how to edit, let alone the fact that you CAN delete a post. (I'm also sick and tired of people putting "double post")

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
who gives a ****

i think it's irritating that people get so uptight about it

i think the number of people who can carry on a conversation far outweighs those who need to step away from the keyboard

·
KCCO
5,977 Posts
In all seriousness I hate the run on sentences where people just go on and on about something they think makes sense but in reality makes no sense and is literally painful to read yet I keep seeing it more and more its like an epidemic and its so frustrating to read I just stopped commenting on them and just leave those stupid ass long meaningless sentences for other people to criticize because its not worth my time or aggregation

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I think people are misunderstanding. He isnt talking about people who use aint instead of arent/isnt, or forget a comma here or there. Hes talking about people who you have to sit and use an Enigma machine to decipher their posts. Theres some people who I swear talk just like bennett

Heres the latest text from bennett:

"i took 3 big ass bong hits at my nigga Craig house den watch a show about black holez

a black hole is diz thing in space Dat can crush plannits and u can travel thru time in dem

do u think butt holes are da same.? if u travel thru a girls butt hole u can go to anotha dimenseion?

Dats where they get da name Asstronat nigga.!"

http://textsfrombennett.tumblr.com/

Ive seen some posts on par with that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts