Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
UMADBRO?

Me too. Doesn't mean everyone has to do it, but at least make it understandable.

That's called a "generalization". I'm an intellectual because I use a comma?

That was easy.

You put a period outside of your quotation mark's. :shiftyeyes

·
Regular
1,237 Posts
I don't mind as long as I can understand what they are saying. I've never been a fan of using "u" for you, "r" for are and etc. though.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Maybe we should start talking in Ye' Olde English now.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I don't get mad over it or about it, but it is important to me. And I don't think it takes that much time or effort to at least put a modicum of said effort into using proper grammar. The only thing I find myself doing really, is not reading something if it contains horrific spelling or grammar.

So I don't get mad about it per se, but if people don't respond to you because they can't read your horrific writing, don't get mad about that. Pretty simple.

Some people aren't bothered by horrible spelling, terrible sentence structure, or run on sentences. Personally I find that writing style incredibly difficult to read, so usually when I see something written horribly, I skip right on past it unless it's short, or it's involved in some stupid forum drama I have to moderate.

I find it ironic though that people say "It's just the internet" or "It's no big deal", as if it's some hard thing to take 2 extra seconds to correct something you've written, and to perhaps make it easier to read and maybe even more compelling to read.

So it's not a big deal to not spell correctly and use proper grammar. Is it really that big of a deal to actually do so?

·
in Retrograde
903 Posts
It's a correct method. It's just not generally used here. I think it makes things more clear (I write stuff for a living).

Edit: You used an apostrophe incorrectly. [/grammar nazi]
:lmao

41 - 51 of 51 Posts