Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the newb question (i searched around, but didn't see anyone with a granatelli on here) - I just picked up a Granatelli air intake tube and nice filter last night for my '02 GT. (more of a warm air intake,,as it doesn't go into the wheel well).

The tube looks good, but my question is about the MAF housing/filter adapter piece.

The filter is mounted to a metal bracket that then secures to the MAF plastic housing/holder thingy. I bought it with NO MAF sensor - any problem using my stock MAF in this housing?

Wasn't sure if the Granatelli stuff came with special MAFs that were different size/shape for the hole it goes into (different from a stock MAF).

thanks guys!

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
As far as I know most CAIs allow you to use your stock MAF sensor (since they don't come with their own). You shouldn't have any problems reusing the stuck MAF.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool,,,i've slapped my share of intake on,,,just never on a stang gt yet :) Wasn't sure if they Granatelli came with a MAF that mounted in a different hole so you had to use theirs (would be a very dick move on their part if so).

Still need to score some couplers,,,,wonder if autozone carries any...?...

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
reusing the stocker is just fine and is what you are supopose to do if you just got the inlet tube. not sure why they didnt send the couplings with it, but a part store should have them. the GMS piece is the same as the C&L fyi.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
stock MAF should work just fine...they might have a few spectre couplers lying around lol

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool,,,ya I thought it looked strikingly similar to the C&L piece. Sounds like people like them, can't wait to throw it on. I'm sure it will sound better too.

The filter looks identical to a K&N,,,I haven't removed it from the adapter plate yet,,but looks to be practically new. Got'm both for $60 last night - used from guy that works at a pro shop around here.

It did come with adapters, but one of them is too small for the MAF to fit around,,,so gonna grab a few from autozone at lunch today. Weee!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quick question - this tube I got - has an extra 'hole' near where the MAF housing mounts (has a rubber gromet in it). I don't see a sensor that goes there in my '02 gt,,,is that for a model where it had a separate IAT?

--haven't put it on yet,,,i was waiting on couplers,,,then got pissed, and went all popeye on the coupler I was given, and made it fit!,,,however it was late, and I want to do the plugs at the same time,,since the intake is coming off anyway - so manana. It's after the MAF so I'll need to seal it good,,any suggestions? I have a machine shop at my disposal :) (though i'm not a machinist!)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome - thanks for the info dude!

plugged it will be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts