Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 mustang, want to replace the old steering wheel with a grant. I have the wheel and kit, but am a little scared to start pulling tha old wheel as I have never done it. Anyone have any advise/tips ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
piece of cake.......pull off the center pad from the steering wheel (there is no air bag inside) see the big nut? take it off. use a steering wheel puller to help get the steering wheel off or maybe a big thump from behind. either way, just pull it straight off.

the grant steering wheel adaptor is a straight forward replacement from there.

i've had the grant steering wheel in my 68 and the standard horn button is a POS. recommend a spending the $ on a more expensive horn activation kit. the basic grant adaptor comes with a small metal coupling and a small metal cover to hide it. a better option is the grant (i don't have the link anymore) 2 or 3" adaptor with a much better horn activation kit. you will see what i mean when you look at the basic kit.

it would be wise to check the turn signal wiring harness while you are in there. if it is broke now, get the parts to fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts