Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Well that would really suck. Although, that doesn't mean that consumers won't continue to mod our cars, only Detroit will stop making quick cars, and with the introduction of the Camaro and Challenger, its not gonna happen right away.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Well... i think people are neglecting E85! It gets less MPG, but it burns much much MUCH cleaner than standard gasoline!!! and its aronund 109 octane! WTF! I think new car companies should focus on E85 and standard diesel... cuz diesel burns cleaner as well, with much better mph.

I say E85 for every car, and diesel for every truck and suv!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
well that's entirely a different issue, I would convert both of my cars to e85 if there was a station close by. As it is right now, the only e85 station is 45 minutes 1 way, or an hour and a half the other way. Build the stations, then the cars, I'm all for e85. Now biodiesel .. there's a station for that right up the street from me, but I don't own a diesel =(

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i know mine gets great gas mileage to, but its not helping with emissions thats for sure, but screw that, ill drive my gas guzzler untill the day i die

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also get about around 26 mpg, I mean could you really imagine a mustang gt with a turbo v6 in it no offense to anyone but seriously come on?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
they'll never stop muscle.
it's a way of life

where there's a will there's a way-- and many ppl have the will for high speed, so there WILL be a way =)

simple solution---
start car bombing the new cars that come out right on the lot! make ppl afraid to buy them, and the companys will have no choice but to do a switch? :(
We shall call it operation ILBDP (Iraqi Like Bombing but Different Purpose) muhahaha:D

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
dont feel bad that your car gets 12, my v6 gets about 8 lol and my camaro, lets just say it doesnt even make it to 5 lol

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I get 17 city 28 hwy, wtf is wrong with our government?? we're the land of the free and we should be able to own and drive any gas guzzling, ozone depleting land yacht that we want!! It's the american way :usa

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
hmm note to self in 2019 buy the highest HP car around before caff laws effect us... :lol

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
What a disingenuous article. They talk about 'Hard driving gas guzzling machines'....and make it sound like all performance cars are that way. Using the 620 hp ZR1 as an analogy to bad fuel mileage in performance cars overall is sensationalism at best.

How about the fact that even a Z06 Corvette gets over 20 mpg on the highway. Mine gets 30 on the highway.

But every yuppie on the street can drive a gigantic suv or pickup when many owners don't even use these vehicles for what they were intended. How many people do you know that are driving around in an Escalade, or a Tahoe, or an F250 and do nothing more than use that vehicle as their DD? I'm not saying people who do so should have their rights to do taken away. That's ridiculous. But don't point the finger at high performance cars.

This is nothing new. Muscle cars have always gotten a bad rap from certain organizations. Besides, if CAFE ever does manage to raise the mpg requirement to 35, I don't think that spells the demise of fast cars. As I say, mine gets 30 now on the hwy.

Do you really think the automotive manufacturers don't have the capability to produce a car with high power that gets 50 mpg? Hell, they could build a car that gets 100 mpg if they wanted. They just don't do so because that would create a huge backlash in the oil industry. And no one would ever think that auto manufacturers & oil industry companies are in bed together. Right?...I mean, Right? lmao

This is the bottom line: It's a free country, and as such I have the right to buy what I want and drive it how I want, when I want. And if I'm paying almost 4 bucks a gallon for fuel, I will use as much or as little of that fuel as my little heart desires.

I promise you this much, if it were ever to pass that I no longer had a choice to purchase a vehicle to my liking, I will then buy one new vehicle. And that will be the last one I will buy. I will drive it until I can no longer drive, and no manufacturer will ever get another dollar from me. I don't care if I have to keep the car rolling with duct tape and chicken wire, but I will never buy another vehicle again.

Stay strong, fellow gear heads! :lol

p.s. I will be running for office in 2112. Now accepting campaign donations. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts