Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 months after i put on my Cervini C Series front bumper i found a paint chip that turned into a crack on the bottom of the body kit. looks like ill have to start looking for a new front body kit, great way to start the week... maybe something thats not 5 1/2 inches off the ground. these roads in AZ suck the plastic guard underneath rubs all the time. any suggestions for somthing that will look good but not as low to the ground and affordable would be great..

·
Registered
128 Posts
you could try a roush front bumper without the add-on chin spoiler.. i'm pretty sure its not much lower than stock. sorry to hear about your bumper... the roads in AZ get real gnarly in some places.

·
Registered
509 Posts
roush bumper is alot lower then stock. And if your lowerd at its really low. I cant clear parking stops.

·
Registered
128 Posts
roush bumper is alot lower then stock. And if your lowerd at its really low. I cant clear parking stops.
haha i stand corrected.... whatever, your car looks badass GT33 :cool:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks man. The roush bumper is sick though i def recomend it.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Part of playing this game involves bad things like this. Honestly, I'd repair the front clip before going after something different. If you think you got it bad in AZ, come negotiate this **** hole for streets Chicago and its surrounding burbs. For the entire summer I couldn't go any direction without hitting major construction within about a mile of the house. I've hit the lower extension on everything possible - but I went into it understanding that the look I want comes with some serious cautions and negotiations to drive it damage free. Even if I wiped out the entire kit on a speed bump, I wouldn't change anything I've done - I'd put it back just like it is, regardless of cost.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Part of playing this game involves bad things like this. Honestly, I'd repair the front clip before going after something different. If you think you got it bad in AZ, come negotiate this **** hole for streets Chicago and its surrounding burbs. For the entire summer I couldn't go any direction without hitting major construction within about a mile of the house. I've hit the lower extension on everything possible - but I went into it understanding that the look I want comes with some serious cautions and negotiations to drive it damage free. Even if I wiped out the entire kit on a speed bump, I wouldn't change anything I've done - I'd put it back just like it is, regardless of cost.
ya chicago streets do suck ass. had mine up there for a visit a month or so back and it sucked, plus drivers in chicago make me nervous

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I sometimes rub them too, and I'm more than just stock, I'm a V6 :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
how bout the CS front bumper?

·
Registered
128 Posts
how the heck do you rub a stock bumper on a parking stop? lol. wtf.
i second that... how tall are the parking stops out there? :eek:

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
i second that... how tall are the parking stops out there? :eek:
Pretty ****ing tall. I have a GT500 chin spoiler and that add what... maybe a 1/4"? And I scrape them all the damn time. Parking stops FTL!

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
:lol i had a 05 v6 and scraped it on a high curb. i was surprised because i always drive up and let the front tire hit the curb and it never scrape.

now that i have a much lower gt500, i always stop a solid foot away from the curb haha

·
Registered
662 Posts
Pretty ****ing tall. I have a GT500 chin spoiler and that add what... maybe a 1/4"? And I scrape them all the damn time. Parking stops FTL!
+1 I am dropped 1 1/2" and got the GT500 splitter I already had to take it off and fix / paint it. These ****ing concrete stops suck.................:mad:

·
Registered
244 Posts
dont pull up to parking blocks then. I dont... I only have eibach springs and I have a stock bumper. Im sure it would scrape. You need to learn how to drive down driveways and things like that. My friend with a 2010, all stock scraped going out of a driveway. I drove just fine out of that same driveway. I guess it all comes down to the way you drive, I havent scraped my front bumper yet (my wife has though)

Not saying you guys drive crappy but why pull up to parking blocks in the first place?

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Its all about learning where the front of your car is and knowing when to stop

·
Registered
128 Posts
Its all about learning where the front of your car is and knowing when to stop
word. the parking stops back home in L.A. though for the most part are like 4"-6" which the stock bumper clears no prob.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts