Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so 2 days ago when i brake i get these weird grinding noise and when i am just rolling forward slowly it always makes it

its like a grinding like almost sounds like hydralics when air releases but then it sounds like grinding 2 plates together it is coming from the right rear tire

tonight i jacked up the back tire and rotated the tire and it just made the noise the noise whenever i turned the tire

what do you think is wrong is it something with the drum brake or what???? i'm kind of scared when i reversed out of my driveway it was doing it real bad

·
Registered
52 Posts
either way you need to pull the tire off now. It sounds like your drum brakes are toast in the rear and its hanging up metal to metal when you release the brakes.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**** i guess i wont drive it until the shop opens monday

how come this would just happen suddenly?

do you think im safe to make it to the shop?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Sounds like a Sping or the cable broke. It is a Easy fix.

Take the drum off off both sides and take a peak to see what is changed.

Spring kit is 19.00 at Napa

Good Luck

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well is it ok to drive my car like this for 2 days?????????????/

i'm scared

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
help before morning strikes? :dunno

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i realized what this noise is

sometimes when i would put my car in park it would not lock in park and would still be able to roll back and make the same exact grinding noise it is now making in drive and reverse

does anyone know what this can be? is it the transmission brake for when i put the car into park?

·
Registered
698 Posts
There is a lock pin inside the trans that engages when it is placed in park. If this engages while you are moving at any speed at all, you'll be looking for a trans.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just dropped it off hopefully my trans isnt ****ed but i dont think it is i think its the drums

hopefully its under warrenty since they just redid them when i crashed in october...

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep guys the back right tire was metal to metal as suspected

i drove around like this for 2 days could this have caused more damage or pretty much its going to be the same to fix

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a lock pin inside the trans that engages when it is placed in park. If this engages while you are moving at any speed at all, you'll be looking for a trans.
oh and yes they have to take apart the trans and fix this :( :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts