Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyways I've had this problem with with 2nd gear (ever since I had the Hurst competition short throw installed) when I bang 2nd from 1st anything past 4-4.5k and just today driving home it now grinds 3rd anything past 2.8-3k. I remember you guys saying it could possibly be the torque between the engine and tranny when i asked about it for 2nd gear. But now that i think about it, could it just be the linkage on the shifter that needs adjusting?

Any input on this problem??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Does your clutch slip any?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
So anyways I've had this problem with with 2nd gear (ever since I had the Hurst competition short throw installed) when I bang 2nd from 1st anything past 4-4.5k and just today driving home it now grinds 3rd anything past 2.8-3k. I remember you guys saying it could possibly be the torque between the engine and tranny when i asked about it for 2nd gear. But now that i think about it, could it just be the linkage on the shifter that needs adjusting?

Any input on this problem??
if you have a throw adjustment it could be, i have the mgw and the less throw the notchier it will feel ive never come close to grinding though

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So anyways, wasn't the shifter after all LOL, Took my car into the shop to see what they said, it was actually my 3rd gear syncro was out and my 2nd gear syncro was going out which explains the high rev grinds i got out of it banging 2nd from 1st and my 3rd gear one i dunno how that went out. I read some where that These Tremecs 09' and below had this problem with the Syncros .supposedly they resolved this issue in the 10' models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts