Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a FRPP Boss 363 installed in my car. Car makes plenty of power, but not that much that it should be so cranky, near undriveable at low RPM's. First off, is any one running one of these engines and do you have similar experiences? My engine is stock with a Victor EFI and a Holley Dominator ECU which we replaced the factory ECU with. This unit is supposed to be able to adjust for any operating parameters but it hasn't and it's quite expensive for little or no improvement. Here's the basic issue - pulling away from a dead stop, unless you give it a lot of gas (2500 RPM) and slip the clutch like crazy, she wants to bog and just starts bucking. It's quite a balancing act. Slowing down for a corner in 2nd gear, unless I keep the revs at 2500 RPM, she just starts to buck. My mechanic is at his wits end with this and I plan on calling Ford today to see if they have experienced this issue with other 363's. Since they didn't seem to sell and lot of these, I'm having serious problems finding other owners who have used them to see what their experiences are. Searched high and low on the web with nothing.

I'd be glad to hear if anyone has any ideas and would be hugely grateful if anyone has bought one of these engines to know what their experience has been. At least then I could know if it's the nature of the motor or something is off with mine. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The whole thing! All Ford including the warranty. I'm going to try to get a hold of the technical support department. I've searched everywhere to find another user but cannot find a one. There are loads of them out there with turbo's and superchargers, but none stock. Maybe that wasn't their intention. I just wanted a naturally aspirated 302 size engine with a warranty that made good power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts