Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with my '97 headlight switch knob... My temp. gauge is dead, so, I got a used cluster out of a 98 Cobra for $100 and I'd like to install it before I fire it up again. Been sitting for almost a year now.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
where are you stuck at with it? You turn it to find the hole, get a screwdriver or something to hit the switch, and it comes right off.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I'll take some pics today since wraither is going to be taking my gauge cluster off to look at the back of it for Lefty.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
struggle...

I have the Hanes book and like several tiny screwdrivers. I can't seem to get anywhere. Is this slot supposed to be right at 6 o'clock? I must be doing something wrong here... Pictures whould be much appreciated.
Thanks, Cricket

I just got that Xpipe all sanded down 2000 degree primed and painted brake caliper silver. Looks awesome!

I should be able to put everything back together this week since I accidently came into a week off from work by calling in sick this morning.
...thanks, dad!

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
I believe the clip will rotate as you spin the switch, so depending on what position your switch is in is where the clip will be. Cricket is correct it's just that tab (I called it a clip, but it's a tab) just push it up and pull the thing out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fail

Wow- I'm surprised by my own inability to figure this out... I can't seem to move, pry, push, or slide anything through the little access slot in that gosh darn knob! :mad:

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
since I have a billitt knob...previous owner liked billitt stuf I guess...I just have it held in place by a hex screw so my pics would have been of no use to you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stupid...

This sucks... F you Ford! I can't monitor my engine temperature because of the headlight switch knob.... Wicked pissah!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
:shiftyeyes wheres safi when ya need him :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
its kinda hard to depict, but try to take at look at this

and make sure you pull it while you are doing it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
what i use it a paper clip. I straighten it out and bend the end of one side so its a little hook. Then i put it underneith the metal clip and pull up on it. The she comes out no problem. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Success!

Thanks- that paperclip was a great idea! Thanks for the diagram, too that helped me understand how it works. New gauges look awesome!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
busy- busy

Sorry- I'll throw some pics up soon! Just got the transmission in today. Lines, fuel tank, drive shaft, misc. engine components, brake job, and oil change left... Hopefully I'll get to drive it this weekend!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts