Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a GT that is being parted out. I have the v6 model, what do I need from the body? Just the hood, rear bumper and spoiler?
My front bumper has the fog lights on it already so it looks the same

·
Banned
636 Posts
I assume you mean you want yours to have the same parts a GT has?

The hood scoop, if from a 01 and later.
The side scoops
The rear bumper cover
fog logs for your current front bumper
take off the rocker stripes

·
Banned
636 Posts
my V6 came with leather interior =P

·
Registered
781 Posts
very nice!!! when i had my 6er i had that cheap cloth BS lol

·
Registered
557 Posts
It will be cheaper to not buy the body kit, sell th eV6, and get the V8.

But if you do decide to get it..hood, sidescoops, rear bumper

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
if u want a v8 get a v8, the money you spend turning your v6 into a v8 will cost more than just going ahead and selling the v6 and buying a gt. trust me

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You look like you have a nice v6, Im sure you could sell it for a good price and have money to buy a v8. I think v6's with v8 parts look tacky. just looks like you could not afford a v8, just my two cents brutha

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Yeah, agrees ^. The Scoops make the cars look SO much better in my opinion. So long as you aren't adding the badges its cool. Same with the rear bumper if you have dual exhaust, I despise the look with sixxers without the cut outs. The front bumper is the same thing, just cut the slits out of the v6 one and buy a fog light kit if you don't have one, I opted against that. They had the pony package v6 that had at least the hood scoop, so its not completely copying a GT. (Try to buy just the hood scoop, not the whole hood, should be cheaper, and you won't have to fit the hood).

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^agree, not a thing wrong with looking like a GT by adding exhaust and scoops and other stuff as long as it is not badged as a GT. believe it or not some people do love their v6's and don't want a gt for gas mileage and insurance purposes, but still want a mean "looking" car.

even though i am not one of those i want a GT i just cant have one right now.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
ya, keep the badges off and its cool. and for the people saying sell the V6 and buy a GT...this is only true depending on which V8 you drop in. If you are planning to drop a more "extreme" V8 than the GT, it might be worth it, depending on how "extreme" of an engine youre going with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts